Options

Third Man Records Producers Debate

fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
edited June 2016 in The Porch

I am not sure if the secret concert in Third Man Records is true. (How secret can it be if Alternativenation knows about it?) But it got me thinking how cool would it be if Jack White or Josh Home would produce their next record? It will def. have a different sound, it will pool them out of their comfortzone and may inspire them to truly experiment again. A full blown experimental album after three commercial albums. I think it will be minblowing. And I think they can pull it off. Their fanbase is big enough.

Discuss. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Josh sounds like he's going into QOTSA mode, but it would a dream come true if he produced any PJ.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,944
    I like the sound Jack gets out of his studio. He can really make the drums and bass pop. I'd love to hear the band record at least a 7" single there.

A LP would be great, but I don't know if the band would want to camp in Nashville to record unless they just bash it out.

Another plus would be the analog recording. We could get an all analog LP.
  • Options
    Well, they can camp in the basement. It would be two different albums for shore. Josh has more a stumping sound and hell, maybe the emptiness of the desert may bring some new ideas. Jack is more bluesy, but hé can alternate more between different sounds. Both ways it would be a different Pearl Jam record, but still a Pearl Jam. But I like the idea of getting out of their comfortzone, being locked in and Jam. No pun imtended, but maybe some Pearls wil come from that.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    I'd be open to breaking the mold in any way for the next album.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

Yup. It's time for a curveball.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    greedgreed Posts: 171

Josh sounds like he's going into QOTSA mode

I hope so
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    mfc2006 said:

Yup. It's time for a curveball.
    An album full of em'
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
    edited June 2016
    I would be more in favor of White than Homme. I feel like White would push them out of their comfort zone more. Historically, haven't some of PJ's best albums come when they were the most uncomfortable? Ex: Vs., Binaural, Vitalogy. I think we would end up with some good results.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Agree. Its when they struggle their best art is created. And this brings me to an ethnic dilemma. As a human being I dont want them to struggle. I want them to be happy. As a fan, I want to hear some new grounds explored. There should be a midway. The good thing about White is that hé is also known for his fast productions. I think Homme takes more time and I think the album will be heavier. But as a fan, and this is selffish I know, I want them to thread new waters, become dangerous again. A Pendulum.album or an album where one song flows into the other. I dont know. Pearl Jam is at their best when they introspect or experiment. Or make a double album. (One by White, one by Homme.) With one acoustic one and one heavy side. A fans wet dream. Or maybe. It will not be a full flag album, desert sessions. I rather have a fullfledged album, but as an EP in between....
    Post edited by fortyshades on