2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Gtilley8 said:

Plus, this happened. So that was cool. image

Yeah, that's pretty cool all right! What was he doing there? Just hanging in his shop, or was it some event?
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    mrussel1 said:

Gtilley8 said:

Yeah, that's pretty cool all right! What was he doing there? Just hanging in his shop, or was it some event?
    It was the 7th anniversary of Third Man. They sent a record player into space on a weather balloon and played Carl Sagan's "A Glorious Dawn". Also released a see-through gold vinyl of it. Really cool event.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options

It was the 7th anniversary of Third Man. They sent a record player into space on a weather balloon and played Carl Sagan's "A Glorious Dawn". Also released a see-through gold vinyl of it. Really cool event.

2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Gtilley8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Gtilley8 said:

I heard he was doing that but didn't realize it was today. Was it jammed?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    edited July 2016
    Messed the post up
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Gtilley8 said:

Awesome!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Gtilley8 said:

This article has a videos of the trip up and back down. The record player was still playing/turning when it touched back down on the ground. :rock_on:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/07/jack-white-just-played-the-first-vinyl-record-in-space/
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,496
    Just to be clear

If you are a current TMR vault subscriber can you also order through the ten club sale? Meaning you would get two copies?
  • Options

Just to be clear

If you are a current TMR vault subscriber can you also order through the ten club sale? Meaning you would get two copies?

I'm not sure, and I didn't even try on my account because my wife is also a ten club member, and got the code, so it was pointless for me to try and rig the system to get 2 on one account. I signed up as a vault subscriber one week before PJ played there - so I'm still unsure of all of their rules and whatnot. I did, however, email TMR that I had already subscribed - and was a ten club member - I sent them the code I received for my account and they gave me the option of $15 sent to my PayPal, or the same in online store credit.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Gtilley8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Gtilley8 said:

I heard he was doing that but didn't realize it was today. Was it jammed?
    It got pretty crowded as the day went on, but there was only about 20-30 people waiting in line when it opened. I paid for the Launch Ticket, picked up my merch pack right as the launch ended, walked it to my car, got right back in line for an additional gold Sagan record for which i waited an additional 5 minutes. Not bad at all.

Worth mentioning, given all of the talk on this board about being able to get a Fenway/Wrigley merch pack that you preorder, how well the TMR preorder Launch Ticket worked. Was really nice to not spend hours in a line waiting. I know the amount of people was only a fraction of what ten club would be dealing with, but there's got to be a way to do something similar.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,943
    Gtilley8 said:

• Options
    demetrios said:

Gtilley8 said:

I thought about trying to lobby for them to play it yesterday in the store. But they had more bands about to go on.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I can't say I am in love with the TMR vaults that just come in several separate pieces like this. I mean, this isn't a real complaint - I love the TMR vaults either way - but when they are actually packaged in a cool box with a place for everything (like the Bonnaroo vault, for example) I like it a lot better. I don't know what to do with those little odds and ends when they aren't in a cohesive package.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Yes this is my thought too. The boxes take up a lot of room but when its all going to be PJ then a box would have been good to keep it together.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    When is this actually out ffs?
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The record and 45 are stored in their proper places, the patch gets put onto a t-shirt and the rest of the crap gets thrown into a drawer or something.
    Voila.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Brisk. said:

When is this actually out ffs?

Shipped sometime in September.

Ends today @ 12am CDT.

Non Ten Club Members http://thirdmanstore.com/vault/vault-subscriptions/tmr-vault-platinum-subscription .
    Pearl Jam Ten Club Members (must have a valid coupon to purchase) http://thirdmanstore.com/pj-vault.
  • Options
    Under 2 hours left to place an order.
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    demetrios said:

Did i miss it. Damn. Why didn't they give us notice. Iso tmr vault. Lots to trade.
    Lol
    Joking
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914

demetrios said:

Did i miss it. Damn. Why didn't they give us notice. Iso tmr vault. Lots to trade.
    Lol
    Joking
    classic!!!
    no reason to fear, plenty already on eBay!!! lol prices start at $175!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Dear Vault Member,

We are entering the final stages of production for Vault package #29!

IMPORTANT: Before we assemble & ship this package, we ask that anyone who has a NEW SHIPPING ADDRESS SINCE APRIL 31st to please contact vault@thirdmanrecords.com with your updated address by Thursday, August 4th at 5pm CST. Any address changes sent after this hard deadline will NOT be applied.

If we do not hear from you, your package will be shipped to the address you currently have on file. Packages returned to Third Man due to an incorrect or outdated shipping address will be resent, pending receipt of a $5 (US) / $10 (INTL) reshipment fee.

For this package, we will ship to international members first going in reverse-alphabetical order by last name (Z-A), then to domestic members also going in reverse-alphabetical order by last name (Z-A). A shipping notification AND tracking info will be available for your Vault package, both domestically and internationally.

We will announce via The Vault site when packages begin shipping and when all packages have left Third Man. We kindly and politely request that members wait until after the second announcement has been posted to contact us regarding missing or damaged packages. Again, thanks so much for your commitment to the Vault and to Third Man. Keep your eyes on the Vault site for new content!

Thanks,

The Vault & Third Man Records
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Dear Vault Member,

IMPORTANT: Before we assemble & ship this package, we ask that anyone who has a NEW SHIPPING ADDRESS SINCE APRIL 31st to please contact vault@thirdmanrecords.com with your updated address by Thursday, August 4th at 5pm CST. Any address changes sent after this hard deadline will NOT be applied.

I highly recommend calling if you don't get email confirmation that they updated your address. Their email system dumped a few messages from my Gmail address into a spam folder a few months ago, and they never updated my shipping address when I moved.

• Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    demetrios said:

Dear Vault Member,

If we do not hear from you, your package will be shipped to the address you currently have on file. Packages returned to Third Man due to an incorrect or outdated shipping address will be resent, pending receipt of a $5 (US) / $10 (INTL) reshipment fee.

For this package, we will ship to international members first going in reverse-alphabetical order by last name (Z-A), then to domestic members also going in reverse-alphabetical order by last name (Z-A). A shipping notification AND tracking info will be available for your Vault package, both domestically and internationally.

We will announce via The Vault site when packages begin shipping and when all packages have left Third Man. We kindly and politely request that members wait until after the second announcement has been posted to contact us regarding missing or damaged packages. Again, thanks so much for your commitment to the Vault and to Third Man. Keep your eyes on the Vault site for new content!

Thanks,

looks like they keep their customers in the loop...looking forward to getting this as I am in Canada and last name is closer to Z than A
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,307
    Any word on winners of the poster, passes and koozies?
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 286
    demetrios said:

Dear Vault Member,

Thanks,

Doesn't this imply that maybe it won't take three months for the vault to ship since they're in the "final production" stage or is that just my ignorance and giddy person inside of me speaking?
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    ^^I think you are correct "Final Stages"!!
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    It will ship in mid Sept. This happens with every Vault. Address confirmation usually happens a week or two after it closes. It never ships super early.

They make these based on number of orders (plus enough for exchanges). They haven't been pressed yet or are in the process.
  • Options
    tylerj said:

demetrios said:

Dear Vault Member,

Thanks,

Doesn't this imply that maybe it won't take three months for the vault to ship since they're in the "final production" stage or is that just my ignorance and giddy person inside of me speaking?
    Judging by how well the Icarus launch i attended went, I would highly doubt that anything they do is inefficient. They definitely run a first class event. I don't think we'll be waiting very long after labor day for this to arrive.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL