Options

1996 No Code Tour

Kevin DavisKevin Davis Posts: 70
edited August 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
I apologize as I'm sure this has been asked six thousand times before, but I'm looking to beef up my collection of No Code tour bootlegs, and I'm finding that most of the recordings from the tour sound like total crap. I have Barcelona, which sounds wonderful, and one of the warm-up shows from Seattle, which sounds decent, but of the others I've downloaded - Rome, Istanbul, several others - the sound is pretty bad.

Curiously, could someone name a few of the better recordings from this tour? Anyone who wanted to throw up a link would be much appreciated, but I think I can find most of the links on Pearl Jam Evolution. Just some good old fashioned name-dropping would be swell. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Hi there.

I have all the boots from that tour but have only listened to a few of them so far.
    Milan is pretty good! Go get that one

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    CharlieP wrote:
    Hi there.

I have all the boots from that tour but have only listened to a few of them so far.
    Milan is pretty good! Go get that one

I agree, Milan is a great bootleg. The clapping along to Long Road sounds beautiful!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    Thanks for the recommendations, folks. Part 1 of Milan is downloading now.
  • Options
    SeaTut73SeaTut73 Posts: 458
    10/1 Buffalo & 10/2 Hartford both sound great....11/7 Paris isn't too bad.
    sorry, don't have links for them...
    --a--

i'm like an opening band for the sun...
    www.archive73.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Berlin is the soundboard bootleg, but Hamburg is the better show and good quality.
  • Options
    The two Bridge School Benefit shows from that year are worth having too, even if it's just for the beautiful alternate Corduroy.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Berlin and Hartford are where you should start.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    I apologize as I'm sure this has been asked six thousand times before, but I'm looking to beef up my collection of No Code tour bootlegs, and I'm finding that most of the recordings from the tour sound like total crap. I have Barcelona, which sounds wonderful, and one of the warm-up shows from Seattle, which sounds decent, but of the others I've downloaded - Rome, Istanbul, several others - the sound is pretty bad.

Curiously, could someone name a few of the better recordings from this tour? Anyone who wanted to throw up a link would be much appreciated, but I think I can find most of the links on Pearl Jam Evolution. Just some good old fashioned name-dropping would be swell. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what 'most' of the recordings you have. I have all 32 shows, and the ONLY 2 that sound shitty are Istanbul, and Budapest. Rome is ok. The rest are good to excellent. Look in the download/share thread at the last few pages, and you'll see rsusano has posted links to quite a few shows.

If you need any others, let me know.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    I'm pretty sure the Toronto gig is a soundboard...if it isn't, the sound is definitely A+
  • Options
    luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    Showbox!! Ed in a fucked up mood ;)
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    9/29/96
    the creme de la creme of that tour

not many good auds though
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

Again, i have the WHOLE tour, and there are ONLY 2, maybe 3 shitty sounding shows.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    Get_Right wrote:
    9/29/96
    the creme de la creme of that tour

The problem is a lot of you will listen to these in mp3, where a show that sounds Good/OK in FLAC, will become OK/Poor.
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Berlin !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I'm Gone wrote:
    The problem is a lot of you will listen to these in mp3, where a show that sounds Good/OK in FLAC, will become OK/Poor.

true, but what I meant was that the crowd recorded audios are not great
    lots of people talking etc......

if someone has a really good recording Id love to hear and have it...
  • Options
    Listening to an mp3 is not going to provide an inaccurate perception of how good the master tape is. You might be able to hear that lossy hiss, but if something was recorded well, it will shine across various formats.

Listening to the Berlin soundboard now; it's good, but Ed's vocals are a little low. On the whole, I think the 1996 tour was one of their weaker go-rounds. Barcelona still sounds best to my ears.