Lexington Bootleg Question.

To whose who have downloaded the Lexington, KY 2016 Boot... How is the sound quality. How do you feel about the setlist and the overall quality of the show?

Comments

• KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    0 complaints from me. I loved everything about this show. Listening to the boot as I type this.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Posts: 1,023
    Sounds great to me. Crowd doesn't sound as loud as it actually was at the show though.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited June 2016

Sounds great to me. Crowd doesn't sound as loud as it actually was at the show though.

that's the problems I've noticed with the boots is they don't capture how loud the crowds really were or much of the crowds at all...I was at Lexington the place was crazy
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Yeah they didn't catch the crowd very well on this show. Having been at the show - it was very loud in there, other than a lull towards the middle of the set. It's a good show (aren't they all?). Highlights for me personally were Satan's Bed, Sonic Reducer and Ed fucking up You've Got to Hide your Love Away!
  • pjalive21 said:

that's the problems I've noticed with the boots is they don't capture how loud the crowds really were or much of the crowds at all...I was at Lexington the place was crazy
    Can't jack up the crowd without losing quality of the music we buy them to hear.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Surely AUD recordings still exist. If you want loud crowds on your bootlegs, that's your ticket!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Posts: 1,023

pjalive21 said:

Can't jack up the crowd without losing quality of the music we buy them to hear.
    I'm not saying they should jack up the crowd. I'm saying the crowd doesn't sound as loud as it actually was at the venue.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    They were having some sound issues.

I've listened to the boot at least 4 times. Sounds good to me! I was commenting to DerbyDave about how much I heard that I had apparently missed at the show. Gets a :plus_one: here.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited June 2016

Im more talking about the natural sound the recording would have captured at the show, not making the audience the center of attention. Crowd seems subdued compared to other boots

Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • I think it sounds great!

My 10c seats were under the upper level overhang and I think it kind of muddle the sound of the actual show for me. And all I heard was the crowd.

So listening to the boot, I am picking up more things that I missed during the show.
  • lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192
    crowd was waaaaaaaaay away from the stage. even my front row 10club seats were not floor level. the mikes don't pick it up as well as say a Greenville. smaller venue. but I agree the crowd was loud.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore