Bootleg CD Question

AlexanaAlexana Posts: 66
I have been buying downloads but then put them on CD for driving. Are the bootleg CDs professional quality CDs as far as the production or more like CD-R? Just debating whether to buy digital or CDs. Thanks!

Comments

• JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    If you buy them individually, whatever year, they'll be CD-R's.
    The boxsets for 2013 and 2014 have been profesionally made "silver pressed" CD's. And I sure hope they continue with this trend.
  • AlexanaAlexana Posts: 66
    Do the CD-R have inserts or anything or just run of the mill CD-R in a sleeve? Just debating whether it is worth it to buy CDs or not.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Tri-fold card stock with a sticker on the outside. No inserts.
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    How long to they take to come? I ordered mine June 5th and havent even received a shipping confirmation from HUGS
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    My Hampton CD took about a week. I don't recall if Nugs sent out shipping info or not; I want to say not.
  • AceCoolAceCool Posts: 455
    Nugs typically tends to take longer that one would reasonably expect that they should between the time that you receive email confirm from them and arrival of your order. Sometimes there isn't adequate communication from them. However, the CDs do always arrive. All in all I think they are a pretty good outfit.
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    Ten Club email said......

If you have questions about your Bootleg CD order, please visit help.nugs.net or send an email to orders@nugs.net, and be sure to add their email address to your contacts list - you will receive a shipping confirmation from them when your CDs are shipped.

Still havent seen a shipping confirmation from Hugs and it was ten days ago.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Alexana said:

Do the CD-R have inserts or anything or just run of the mill CD-R in a sleeve? Just debating whether it is worth it to buy CDs or not.

The official bootlegs never had any inserts, ever.. The 2003 ones included spine and setlist stickers (aus/jap only the spine sticker) to be applied on the sleeve, not sure if they count as "inserts".. the 2009 Spectrum boxset included a set of six cards baseball-style.. that's it.
    Basically, to answer your question, the only difference is that CD-R are burned Cd's and the others are professionally made silver pressed CD's (like the ones you normally would buy at a store).. Is it worth it? Depends.. You are only interested in the sound quality? Go digital HD-Flac, because you won't notice any kind of difference between a CD and a CD-R (professionally made CD's are more durable and should last, theorically, a lifetime)..