pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
edited June 2018 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by pickupyourwill on

Comments

• pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited February 2017
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    People have their own conclusions or assumptions on things.

Personally, I wanted to lose weight. So I quit drinking soda, then I cut out HFCS. I started to feel better, didn't feel so sluggish-some people have no problem with consuming HFCS. So I read up on my own about food, I counted calories, stopped eating highly processed foods, started eating more organic (mainly because things actually tasted 'real') . Since I live in an area where fresh wild caught seafood is abundant and affordable, I prefer seafood over traditional proteins like chicken, beef, or pork. I do prefer grass fed beef and lamb, organic chicken...farmed fish like Atlantic salmon has been proven to be less healthy than wild caught salmon.
    The newest studies say there aren't any concerns with eating GMOs, but Monsanto has so many restrictions on testing or using their products, I have to question the study. How many times have companies said their products were safe but then years later people are sick or dying because of side effects?

I don't think there is a clear cut answer for everybody.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    The Japanese have the longest lifespan on the planet and their diet is mainly seafood.
    I think that sums things up.
    edited February 2017
    RKCNDY said:

People have their own conclusions or assumptions on things.

Personally, I wanted to lose weight. So I quit drinking soda, then I cut out HFCS. I started to feel better, didn't feel so sluggish-some people have no problem with consuming HFCS. So I read up on my own about food, I counted calories, stopped eating highly processed foods, started eating more organic (mainly because things actually tasted 'real') . Since I live in an area where fresh wild caught seafood is abundant and affordable, I prefer seafood over traditional proteins like chicken, beef, or pork. I do prefer grass fed beef and lamb, organic chicken...farmed fish like Atlantic salmon has been proven to be less healthy than wild caught salmon.
    The newest studies say there aren't any concerns with eating GMOs, but Monsanto has so many restrictions on testing or using their products, I have to question the study. How many times have companies said their products were safe but then years later people are sick or dying because of side effects?

I don't think there is a clear cut answer for everybody.

Thank you RKCNDY :)
    edited June 2016
    eddiec said:

The Japanese have the longest lifespan on the planet and their diet is mainly seafood.
    I think that sums things up.

Thank you, eddiec :)
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    it's almost nearly impossible to determine what is indeed healthier ... as there are a lot of factors that contribute as well as criteria that would qualify something as healthier ...

for sure with seafood - you are dealing with more toxins as the biomagnification increases with larger fishes ... but some seafood items provide you with "good fats" like salmon while some help fight cholesterol like scallops ... then, there is the meat ... it's hard to know exactly what's in the meat unless you can source it to specific farmers you trust ...

also - i wouldn't necessarily go with who lives the longest to determine which diet is best ... it really depends on people's bodies and what works best for them ...
    polaris_x said:

it's almost nearly impossible to determine what is indeed healthier ... as there are a lot of factors that contribute as well as criteria that would qualify something as healthier ...

for sure with seafood - you are dealing with more toxins as the biomagnification increases with larger fishes ... but some seafood items provide you with "good fats" like salmon while some help fight cholesterol like scallops ... then, there is the meat ... it's hard to know exactly what's in the meat unless you can source it to specific farmers you trust ...

also - i wouldn't necessarily go with who lives the longest to determine which diet is best ... it really depends on people's bodies and what works best for them ...

Thank you, polaris_x :)