Petition To Play Avocado In Full At Wrigley 2

2»

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    I'd be ok if they did Vitalogy back to back. I'm not sure how a crowd would take the more recent albums. Avacado is my favourite post Yield album. I really like it, but it's devisive. It generally seems to me that hard core core and casual fans all know/love the first 3 albums. Possibily even the first 5. After that it gets more divisive. I could seem them busting out Vitalogy at one of the stadium shows, but I'm not sure they'd do a more recent one.

On a personal level I saw a few shows on the Avacado tour, so I don't think there's too much I haven't heard off of it.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Zod said:

I'd be ok if they did Vitalogy back to back. I'm not sure how a crowd would take the more recent albums. Avacado is my favourite post Yield album. I really like it, but it's devisive. It generally seems to me that hard core core and casual fans all know/love the first 3 albums. Possibily even the first 5. After that it gets more divisive. I could seem them busting out Vitalogy at one of the stadium shows, but I'm not sure they'd do a more recent one.

On a personal level I saw a few shows on the Avacado tour, so I don't think there's too much I haven't heard off of it.

I dont mind the album so much.

I just think the stretch of Marker In The Sand-Parachutes-Unemployable-Big Wave-Gone -Wasted Reprise-Army Reserve-Come Back-Inside Job would be way too much of a show-stopper. I don't hate those songs (Actually love A.R.)... but the show would come to a screeching halt. The only real up-tempo song is a shitty one.
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    IMO if they were going to play Avocado in full, it would have happened at MSG2 when it was the 10th anniversary. Riot Act might have a better chance to be played.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    I would be shocked if they played a full album at these stadium show...if they did and I believe its a small possibility it would be on night 2
  • EnterThanmanEnterThanman Posts: 1,057
    rrebern said:

Temple of the Dog front to back night 2. Give it a full 2nd set, 4+ hours could be doable with that rest for Ed in the middle. Cornell's schedule is free I believe. Make it happen!

"...the Temple of The Dog record which in my mind is still the best record we've ever made..." - Stone, May 15 2000

If they ever do this record I hope they bill it as a Temple Of The Dog show so I can stay away.
    jp307677 said:

scurtis said:

I would be disappointed if they played full albums at any Wrigley show, I don't want to know what song comes next.

Agree!
    Yup! Exactly why I don't care about full album shows.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    Op this would be cool for about 1% of the crowd. Everyone else would be bored as hell.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,651
    no thanks
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    I believe the ground will crack open during Wrigley 2- and Satan himself will appear as a guest soloist during Black....

photo image_zpst9s1gdkk.gif
  • mcgruff10 said:

Op this would be cool for about 1% of the crowd. Everyone else would be bored as hell.

I'm not sure about that.
    That tour was pretty strong.
    I think the crowd would enjoy it.
    If they played Lost Dogs crap 1% would like it and everyone else would be bored as hell.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403

mcgruff10 said:

I'm not sure about that.
    That tour was pretty strong.
    I think the crowd would enjoy it.
    If they played Lost Dogs crap 1% would like it and everyone else would be bored as hell.

Oh man you are right about lost dogs! When in the moonlight was played at Philly 1 you heard nothing but crickets.
    The 06 tour was very strong but no way even a quarter of the audience is into it.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,411
    I recall fans in Moline left when the band was playing the No Code songs, if people want to get merch, food, drink, or a bathroom break during a show, its going to happen
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• I recall fans in Moline left when the band was playing the No Code songs, if people want to get merch, food, drink, or a bathroom break during a show, its going to happen

Those are not the real fans.
    Crowds have changed for the worse.
    PJ has ample amount of time between the encores to do that, some bands don't even have an encore.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535

I recall fans in Moline left when the band was playing the No Code songs, if people want to get merch, food, drink, or a bathroom break during a show, its going to happen

Those are not the real fans.
    Crowds have changed for the worse.
    PJ has ample amount of time between the encores to do that, some bands don't even have an encore.
    Most bands have encores (In the hundreds of concerts i've seen, there's maybe been 1 band that didn't do an encore). The thing about Pearl Jam is their encores are longer than most bands main sets :)
  • Please no.

I would support Riot Act or even Vitalogy.

hands down!!

im flying from ARGENTINA, it would be the worst thing to hear pearl jams worst album in its entirety
    Buenos Aires 11/25/05
    Buenos Aires 11/26/05
    Porto Alegre 11/28/05
    La Plata 11/13/11
    Buenos Aires 4/3/13
    Berlin 6/26/14
    Santiago 11/4/15
    La Plata 11/7/15
    Sao Paulo 11/14/15
    Chicago 08/20/16
    Chicago 08/22/16