10 Club is the best

jhager79jhager79 Posts: 246
After the total disaster of trying to buy Tragically Hip tickets this week I will never complain about 10 club again. On Monday I was shut out of the fan club pre-sale ( you get a ticket master code) and today was shut out during public sale. The way Pearl Jam sells fan tickets is by far the easiest to deal with, at least with PJ you have good chance to secure tickets instead of trying to battle the bots.
[img][/img]Kitchener2005
Toronto 2003
Toronto 2000
Barrie 1998
Toronto 1993
London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
Toronto 2009
Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
London 2013
Detroit 2014
Toronto 2016 May 10/12
Chicago 2018 N2
"No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"

Comments

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    :grin:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    True. The thing about the Hip though is they don't have a paid up fan club. They send a presale code out to anyone that was a registered member of their website. It was a regular old presale code that could be used by anymore.

There's a wide gap between that and 10c. I used to think the Metclub gave 10c a run for it's money, but they went free, and I have no idea how that will impact tickets. U2's fan club works pretty good for tickets (And they're yearly gifts are pretty decent). That's about it really.

The worst. GNR's fan club! The fan club's I mentioned above are all good. The price is reasonable, you get magazines, or a yearly gift. You get real access to decent presale tickets etc... The GNR one costs $50 USD (If I remember right). The tickets available were pretty crappy. Each and every subsequent sale had better tickets. IE the Citibank presale had better tickets, the live nation/facebook presales had better tickets, and the regular onsale had better tickets. There were better tickets for Seattle available two weeks after the regular sale, than the presale tickets I pulled up and bought. I ended up buying pit tickets through the regular onsale, but lost about $60USD trying to ditch the tickets I bought through the GNR fan club presale.

The Hip, it's crazy. I've never heard of a band touring when the singer is going to die. I usually see the Hip once a decade (so 3 times now) but this really good me wanting to go. I think it did that to everyone. Demand was insane.
  • jhager79jhager79 Posts: 246
    I'm up to 19 Hip shows now, and for the last couple of years the worst seats I've had is 3 rows back on the floor. I was definitely shocked to hear they would tour with Gord having such a serious illness, but they wanted to give fans one last show. They have always been great to their fans ( I've seen them in small 500 people clubs that got announced hours before the show via email).
    Definitely prefer the 10c method and hope more bands will go this way, more than willing to pay.
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    I think one of the issues with the hip is everyone came out of the woodwork. I've never experienced anything like this. Where a musician of a beloved band is dying and decides to go on tour. I've seen the hip 3 times. About once a decade. 93, 02, and 08. I listen to the hip quiet often and have so since I was pretty young. I think the news brought out all the fans. Die Hard and Casual alike. I've never seen demand like this for the hip. Everyone like me who goes to a show once and a while all decided to go to the same shows. Chaos ensued.
  • JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    Very true. Anyone who listen to The Hip are anxious to get a chance. I saw them recently at the Ottawa Bluesfest and was fortunate to get pre-sale tickets for the Ottawa show. No luck for the Kingston show though it was expected to be the hardest one as its the last and home show.

I got in to The Hip after Road Apples was released in '91, so a few months before I first heard Ten. Any party or gathering, The Hip was playing. It was the anthem to the Canadian summer it seemed and was so for many summers after.

Heartbreaking for him and his family. Sad to know the end is near.
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16