Philly boot 2 issues

HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 532
Anyone else missing the first three songs? My download starts with why go no sign of once, even flow or alive

Comments

• Same here, WTF !?!
    I got the ALAC-HD version, if that matters.
  • DollarDollar Posts: 242
    Yep just spoke to/emailed 10C sent customer service ticket to nugs waiting..grrrr
  • Another issue: Why Go stops after about 30 seconds and it jumps into Black.
    I get the complete Why Go (Flac-HD)
  • ALAC-HD seems to be broken. Every song cuts off mid-way through and skips to the next. Grrrrrrr.

Once, Even Flow, and Alive are now available, though
    All 3 songs up now on Flac HD as well
  • HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 532
    Still downloading my alac-hd, looks like no issues in the download
  • Download works fine. They are borked when you play them, they all cut off mid-way through.
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    Just went to buy the Philly boots and the Philly 1 digital download says it's "Currently Out of Stock".......
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • Maybe they now see the issue and are fixing them.
  • I like how disc 1 is just the ten album. I was wondering if they'd do that.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853

ALAC-HD seems to be broken. Every song cuts off mid-way through and skips to the next. Grrrrrrr.

Once, Even Flow, and Alive are now available, though

Oh course this was going to be the first ALAC-HD I bought (I'm usually content with MP3s). Thanks for the heads up. I'll wait till I see posts in this thread that it's fixed before I buy it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • JM55546JM55546 Posts: 133
    I thought it was just me on Stone's side of the pit for Philly 2, but is his guitar always so jacked in these 2016 boots?
  • 10C told me to take it up with Nugs, so I filed a ticket about the ALACHD problem with them.
  • Re-downloaded on different computer and now it works.
  • rrebernrrebern Posts: 86

Re-downloaded on different computer and now it works.

Stupid question: what device(s) do you use to play the ALAC-HD files? Will they load and play without quality degradation on an iPhone (6s in my case), or are you pretty much stuck with iTunes for Mac/PC for the playback of these tracks? I read the FAQs and various sites and it wasn't exactly clear to my eyes about the iPhone compatibility. I'd just break down and get a Pono if it wasn't so unwieldy.

Thanks!
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    rrebern said:

Stupid question: what device(s) do you use to play the ALAC-HD files? Will they load and play without quality degradation on an iPhone (6s in my case)
    Yes. The ALAC format was created specially by Apple to play Lossless stuff on iPhones.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • rrebernrrebern Posts: 86

rrebern said:

Stupid question: what device(s) do you use to play the ALAC-HD files? Will they load and play without quality degradation on an iPhone (6s in my case)
    Yes. The ALAC format was created specially by Apple to play Lossless stuff on iPhones.
    Thanks man! I actually already have the ALAC files on the iPhone, I was referring to the ALAC-HD format, but if that works too (again, without any degradation), awesome. If someone can confirm the HD format works on iPhone too before I pull out the credit card I'd appreciate it.
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    edited June 2016
    rrebern said:

rrebern said:

Thanks man! I actually already have the ALAC files on the iPhone, I was referring to the ALAC-HD format, but if that works too (again, without any degradation), awesome. If someone can confirm the HD format works on iPhone too before I pull out the credit card I'd appreciate it.
    I'm not sure iphones can process 24/96 yet. I think they down sample to 24/48, they may not even do 24 bit, they may sample down to 16 bit. But again maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • MedozK said:

rrebern said:

rrebern said:

I'm not sure iphones can process 24/96 yet. I think they down sample to 24/48, they may not even do 24 bit, they may sample down to 16 bit. But again maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.
    iTunes will play at 24/96, but you have to make adjustments in the settings. I don't believe iPhones do that kind of playback.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 595
    Will iPhones download straight to iTunes library now from pearl jam website?
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • guypaganoguypagano Posts: 33
    Please forgive me but I have no clue ( I'm old) how to get the boots to my iPhone 6.
    Please HELP.
  • They ALAC-HD will not play on the iPhone (6s+), only on the computer. I will probably have to convert them down to get them to play on the phone.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,548
    Philly Night 2 data should be ..

Flac-HD .. 3.46 GB (3,723,318,575 bytes)
    Flac .. 1.09 GB (1,174,037,391 bytes)

34 Tracks. 2 hours 47 minutes 41 seconds.
  • GivenToSmileGivenToSmile Posts: 231
    You need special equipment to get the effects of HD music. Your computer will play it but without the proper gear you might as well just listen to regular FLAC/ALAC. I bought a reciever from Best Buy that supports FLAC HD files right off a USB jump drive.
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

You need special equipment to get the effects of HD music. Your computer will play it but without the proper gear you might as well just listen to regular FLAC/ALAC. I bought a reciever from Best Buy that supports FLAC HD files right off a USB jump drive.

That and very good hearing. Mine is shot from going to load concerts for over 30 years, and being around loud race cars for 35 years.
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    Mp3 sounds good enough for me. Didnt think the mix was as strong as the other two boots ive heard (hampton and greenville). But the trade off is that it's a clean recording. No static or distortion on the 4/29 show that Ive heard.
  • GivenToSmileGivenToSmile Posts: 231
    If you listen to the HD files properly you can really tell the difference.