Options

Which full album show would you prefer?

jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
Of the five albums that have been played in full, which would you prefer to see? not necessarily which of the previous 5 are your favorites, but If you had a chance to see one of these 5 albums live, cover to cover, which would it be and why? For me it's....

1. No code
2. Binaural. (Both of these would definitely be top two because I feel like these albums don't get played enough).
3. VS. (because I saw it in Greenville and it was perfect front to back)
4. Yield. (Great album, just prefer previous 2)
5. Ten. Great album of course, but I would put it last because I feel like I've seen all these songs live dozens of times.
Just my thoughts :)

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,812
    1. No Code
    2. Yield
    3. Binaural
    4. Ten
    5. VS

Now if they ever play Vitalogy that moves to number one easily.
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    I'd go with Binaural (since I was there) and then No Code (which I almost went to but didn't).
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,867
    Vs Missed it by 1 show, overall just a huge fan of the album. I believe this album just flows amazingly the way the tracks are arranged. The change of paces are just perfect. Plus it would finally give me Leash! Last song I need to complete Vs live. After that I would love to see Binaural. Seeing the good old original Ten would be fucking awesome too, but only for the nostalgia, seen enough shows to cover all the songs from Ten a few times.
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,303
    Fortunate to be in attendance for the No Code, Yield, and Vs shows. Those are all great albums and would have loved to been in attendance for the Ten and Binaural shows.

My top 5:
    No Code
    Ten (Garden is one of my personal favorites)
    Binaural (Rival, Of the Girl, Insignificance, Gods' Dice; all amazing songs)
    Yield
    Vs

Could not go wrong with having any of these albums played at any show.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,153
    I'm going to leave out Vs. because I've seen it. Was so great to see W.M.A live! Was waiting a long time for that.

1. No Code
    2. Avocado (formerly Vs.!)
    3. Binaural
    4. Yield
    5. Ten
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    PJNB said:

Now if they ever play Vitalogy that moves to number one easily.

I have a feeling that either Fenway or Wrigley is getting Vitalogy. Since I'll be at both Wrigley shows, I'm really hoping Eddie saves it for his hometown and favorite baseball venue.

My order:
    1. No Code
    2. Yield
    3. Vs.
    4. Ten
    5. Binaural
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    1.BINAURAL
    2.TEN
    3.VS
    4.YIELD
    5.NO CODE
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yesterday sil from brazil met eddie..she tild him to play riot act at wrigley
    His answer was..well u gonna like it but im not sure for everyone else at the show
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yield because it's fucking Yield
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    Yield, but without all of the Aaron Rodgers stroking :lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options

His answer was..well u gonna like it but im not sure for everyone else at the show

At this point I thought for sure we wouldn't see anymore full album shows for the rest of the tour. now with this being said, does this mean that Fenway will get Vitalogy or some other full album? I thought it would be a little too predictable to continue with the full album shows this year.
  • Options
    LowlightLowlight Plymouth, MA Posts: 100
    1. Yield
    2. No Code
    3. VS
    4. Binaural
    5. Ten
    Saw the first two, unbelievable. Was anyone at all 5?
    Detroit 10-7-00 Buffalo 5-2-03 Boston 7-2-03 Camden 7-6-03 Boston 7-11-03 Boston 5-25-06 Camden 5-27-06 Hartford 6-27-08 Boston 6-28-08 Boston 6-30-08 Hartford 5-15-10 Boston 5-17-10 Chicago 7-19-13 Brooklyn 10-18-13 Brooklyn 10-19-13 Hartford 10-25-13 Moline 10-17-14 St. Paul 10-19-14 Milwaukee 10-20-14 Boston 8-5-16 Boston 8-7-16 Chicago 8-20-16 Chicago 8-22-16 Seattle 8-8-18 Boston 9-2-18 Boston 9-4-18
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    1.Vs-because it flows best front to back
    2.Yield-every song is awesome
    3.Binaural-most underrated PJ album
    4.No Code-so many songs I love
    5.Ten-would be higher, but some of the songs I have heard too many times, other than Oceans & Breath, no songs from the album I am surprised when they play it
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    agree with the OP rankings and justification.

For me. having seen Binaural live now, this is how I would rank em by preference

1. No Code
    2. Binaural
    3. Riot Act
    4. Vs
    5 Vitalogy
    6. Yield
    7. Ten
    8. Backspacer
    9. Avocado
    10. Lightning Bolt (too new)
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985

Well, Eddie's right about that one, and interesting that he's so in tune with what the general consensus is on their music with fans. He's definitely not tuned out, or gotten lazy - and just one more reason to respect the band.

I like Riot Act a lot, and it's in heavy rotation for me right now. I'd love to see it live. When I talk to the buddies I grew up with, also Jammers, you can tell they're not big RA fans. I've seen a lot of people on here that aren't big on RA. To each their own.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    1. No Code - I'll place this at the top, because this is the one full album show I was at.
    2. VS.
    3. Yield
    4. Binaural
    5. Ten

As others have said, Ten is last only because they play half of it every show.
  • Options
    Gtilley8 said:

Well, Eddie's right about that one, and interesting that he's so in tune with what the general consensus is on their music with fans. He's definitely not tuned out, or gotten lazy - and just one more reason to respect the band.

I like Riot Act a lot, and it's in heavy rotation for me right now. I'd love to see it live. When I talk to the buddies I grew up with, also Jammers, you can tell they're not big RA fans. I've seen a lot of people on here that aren't big on RA. To each their own.
    I am perfectly fine with RA at Wrigley, I just though that at this point we wouldn't see anymore full album shows. I have always said I would love to be a part of, one of these special kind of nights. Only thing that really bothers me a bit is that the surprise element now is gone. How many of us are going to expect it now? Unless Dimitri is just playing a little bit of mind games with us. Lol. Dimitri does always have the inside info! At the end of the day I just hope they Drop the Leash at Wrigley either night. Lol.
  • Options
    Gtilley8 said:

I hear ya..gor me is on of their best and music and lyrics....i would love to see it live at wrigley
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    they played 2 full album shows in 2014
    and 3 in 2016
    would be surprised in we get another one this year since everyone is expecting it, and Eddie likes to surprise us and keep us off balance, 2017 there is a good chance at more
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    I'd love to just go to a show. How about that for a simple list?!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    No Code and VS....im meh on seeing any of the others front to back, so basically I will never see this in my lifetime since it already happened ha
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

I'd love to just go to a show. How about that for a simple list?!

here here.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

they played 2 full album shows in 2014
    and 3 in 2016
    would be surprised in we get another one this year since everyone is expecting it, and Eddie likes to surprise us and keep us off balance, 2017 there is a good chance at more

if they wqanna do it,they will..nothing to do with 2014.,.or 2 or 3 per year
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    Riot Act

come at me evenbros
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    PJM3333PJM3333 Chicago Posts: 291
    edited June 2016
    pjalive21 said:

No Code and VS....im meh on seeing any of the others front to back, so basically I will never see this in my lifetime since it already happened ha

Had one of those and then Yield. Give me Riot Act at Wrigley 1 and Backspacer at Wrigley 2. ha
    Post edited by PJM3333 on
    2000-Chicago
    2003-Chicago, East Troy
    2006-Chicago, Cleveland
    2009-Chicago
    2011-PJ20 1, PJ20 2
    2013-Wrigley
    2014-Moline, Milwaukee
    2016-Lexington, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018-Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    Mike D88 said:

Riot Act

come at me evenbros

:lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, with that many people at a show (Wrigley and Fenway shows), there's no WAY they are playing a full album unless they do Ten again, which I don't think they will. Too many casual fans at those shows to keep the audience's attention.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    1. Binaural
    2. Yield
    3. No Code
    4. Vs.
    5. Ten
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited June 2016

I've said it before and I'll say it again, with that many people at a show (Wrigley and Fenway shows), there's no WAY they are playing a full album unless they do Ten again, which I don't think they will. Too many casual fans at those shows to keep the audience's attention.

I guess that remains to be seen, after what Dimitris posted earlier today. I honestly didn't think they would do anymore the rest of the tour.
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    riot act
    binaural
    no code
    yield
    avocado
    backspacer
    vs
    vitology
    ten
    lightening bolt