Pearl Jam, divorce, and Lexington

BettrMan21BettrMan21 Posts: 278
My wife of 16 years has recently left me. I was completely blindsided. I'm emotionally and mentally destroyed. I'm 38. Our son is 8. I don't like life right now. I purchased the Lexington show after nearly 2 sleepless days. The version of "Elderly Woman" hit me hard. The words almost mean something different now. It's the song I needed at that moment. Pearl Jam is one of my oldest and greatest friends. I need them now more than ever. All the best to every one of you.

Comments

• Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Good luck to you. Might seem hard to believe now but there are other fish in the sea and things will get better
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    I'm so very sorry.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    I am so very sorry. As other people have mentioned in other threads, and speaking from my own experience, Pearl Jam's music is therapeutic during tough times. Life will get better, I promise.
    ELITIST FUK
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Good luck my friend. Present Tense got me through some shit too...you'll emerge.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • PP193448PP193448 Posts: 4,281
    Try to stay positive. You'll get thru. Just be there for your son. He needs you more now.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    PP193448 said:

Try to stay positive. You'll get thru. Just be there for your son. He needs you more now.

This. Stay strong.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    I know it may seem as though you are never going to see easier times ahead after a heart wrenching situation as this one as you are experiencing, but believe me times will get a little easier as the days pass. The road that leads to healing is a very long one and not a very easy one to steer through, but through perseverance and mental focus you will make it through that road. You can count on that. Your son needs you now more than ever, as I promise you life has lead him down a very dark path that has him completely lost. Be the light for him that will shine his way through proper guidance, as all he knows right now is that the home and family that he is used to having no longer seems to exist. And always remember this "To live is to suffer, but to survive is to find meaning in the suffering" Stay strong and focused bud.
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Very sorry to hear that. Just stay strong and positive and keep your head up. Plus be there for your son 100% no matter what.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    EM194007 said:

Very sorry to hear that. Just stay strong and positive and keep your head up. Plus be there for your son 100% no matter what.

This was my first thought as well.

OP, reach for that music, any music - anything positive, actually - that will get you through with the strength both you and your son need.

• jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I'm so sorry bud. I totally know your pain, especially with a child involved. Like others have said, I promise it will get better and every day will slightly improve. It won't be a quick process, but it will get better. Just try and keep in mind all the joy your child brings you and whenever you find your mind wandering to a dark, sad place, think of him. Don't be afraid to reach out to friends and family as much as possible. Surround yourself with happy, good people. If you need to post on here every minute, hour or day to distract your mind, then do it. You have the whole PJ family here for ya. Listen to PJ as much as needed and stay positive for you son.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    Thinking of you, man. Keep your head up. You will get through it.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 8,639
    Pearl Jam's music got me through some really low points, it literally saved my life on more than one occasion
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Very sorry to hear this. Gonna be tough but you just have to trust that you will be ok some day, and go through the pain. Not one for cliched quotes but this one has always resonated with me: If you're going through hell, keep going. Take good care of yourself and your son, and be sure to lean on those around you.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited May 2016
    It may seem like it sucks now, but look at it from this perspective: she left you, which in the long run you two will be better off because she isn't the woman for you...stay strong for yourself and your son... there will be a silver lining to this situation
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    Sorry to hear man you wishing you the best !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    sorry to hear your bad news
    when i split up with my partner
    i was hesitant to go bc i always
    wanted the best for my child
    with a healthy family lifestyle
    but it was not, leaving was the
    best thing i did..
    you will feel lonely at times and
    music will help you hurt till you
    cant no more then music will
    heal and lift you up but in all
    honesty prayers help too when
    your in your darkest hours
    because what people dont see
    in full of your blood sweat and
    tears theres someone that does
    and who cares and will make it
    up to you i believe..
    stick to your own family try to
    forget the past and best advice
    on this thread has been given a
    few times ''focus on your son''
    which im sure was your utmost
    intention gathering how you
    posted this thread..
    keep on shining ''when you are
    weak you are powerful...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    I went through the same thing six years ago. concentrate on your son; trust me, it does get better.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......