mri

did a search & found no threads on mri-s

https://youtu.be/S4DHUim_Lc8

you're welcome & thank you

raise your hand if you're a claustrophobic little weirdo or (in some classes a large weirdo).

this is frickin bullshit
that's it i'm done

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

Comments

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    The worst. I once spent 45 minutes in one of those things, my better half spent 90 minutes. Fuck that.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I've never had one, but can imagine being scared / stressed out already because of having to have one, then add in the tight space and noises (and you must stay still, I believe?) - yeah, fuck that.

How you doing, chadwick? No MRI's in your future, I hope.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,629
    MRI's for someone with hyperacusis are like space-metal bombs going off in the brain. Trippy but not exactly comfortable. Cool sci-fi tones but damn, just TOO loud!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    We just got one of these in our area. A few requests in our office already. They also have a complimentary driving service if you live in the county. Me, I would rather lay down in a tube for 45 minutes. Sitting up that long and still seems hard to do.
    imagemri photo Upright_MRI_ClermontRadiology_zpsoqa0eegn.jpg" />
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Chadwick > rob
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    No big deal.. I'd get one if needed
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    I think there is some button one can press in case of emergency, I don't think I would have a problem with this, it could be a little fun actually especially to see the pictures afterwards.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    I had 2 in 6 months. The 2nd time they gave me headphones so it wasn't so bad. I'm always afraid there is some small piece of metal stuck in me somewhere from some childhood accident and that it would come ripping out when they turned on that big magnet.
  • ive had probably 50+ mri scans. had a brain tumor these machines saved my life. I dont mind them

ive had probably 50+ mri scans. had a brain tumor these machines saved my life. I dont mind them

Well that's some perspective right there.

Sorry it took away your sense of punctuation =)

Seriously though, that's some heavy shit to live through. Glad you did :)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited May 2016
    i've had 4 or 5 mri procedures done over the years on my knees & shoulders. yesterday had my L shoulder done. tried having it done a couple weeks ago at a different hospital than yesterday & failed that bastard only 13 minutes in, they needed 30 minutes total.

i couldn't take it. i tried real hard & failed miserably. i'm in this tube sweating like a madman & getting ill, real fucking ill. no headphones please. earplugs? fuck ok! gotta wear something over ears they say. fine, earplugs. both arms wrapped in flannel sheets. shoulder thing on? - check.
    please do not move or we will beat your pathetic ass with a frying pan

god damn

seriously i nearly passed the hell out, felt like vomiting while there & for the rest of the day.

stale air fucks me up. yesterday's mri room was nice & crisp air & cool. this is my speed. i can't sleep without moving cool air.

so a ruptured bicep tendon will probably show up on the images as will a torn rotator cuff. fuck me i swear getting kicked in the balls is my middle name half the time. you know your shoulder & arm is screwed up when picking up a glass of water is painful or taking a shower or going to the men's room or sharpening a pencil or having a nose blow or holding a book reading or trying to sleep with your arm in any position

at the moment im deeply considering sticking my shoulder/arm up my ass
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    i think all this shines some light on why i'm not going into a coffin & being placed underground. this idea sucks terribly

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    had a mri once that had me wearing a mask thing (w/ earphones) that allowed me to watch the discovery channel.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Oh chadwick. I'm sorry for the troubles (and I also need moving cool air when sleeping - hence our high electric bills).

You're a badass but everyone has their limits at certain times. Me, I'm a wuss though maybe stronger than I think (as are you).

Hang in there, my friend.
    thanks, hedo. you know when my brothers & i were young (in the late 70's) we used to stand in line taking turns wearing a motorcycle helmet riding in the dryer. guess i changed

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Wishing you the best as always Chadwick, my friend!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

ive had probably 50+ mri scans. had a brain tumor these machines saved my life. I dont mind them

wow!

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    hyperacusis looking this up

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    that's something mr. lux. so what happens?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

that's something mr. lux. so what happens?

Loud or high pitched sounds equals pain. What I didn't learn until several years into having my hearing injured is that the key is to not over-protect. Blocking out sound was making it worse. Pushing my ears limits for sound without overdoing it has helped increase my tolerance for sound. Life as an auditory balancing act!

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419
    had one about 2 years ago for my back. not a pleasant experience. first few minutes i felt really claustrophobic and felt like i was gonna hyperventilate. eventually just got my mind to think of other things. once i got my mind off the thing and kept eyes shut i was good to go. although being dizzy and a little light headed after coming out of it wasn't the most fun thing either but that wore off fairly quickly.