Best Rooftop Bar for PJ in Chicago?

benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
Hey everyone! I'm planning on going to Chicago for the weekend of the shows, and was wondering whether anyone has experience doing the rooftop thing for a Wrigley show. Any recommendations? Cheers!
'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1

Comments

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,943
    A couple of friends hung out on one of the rooftops behind left field for the '13 show, not sure of the name tho. I think they paid around $50/each cover charge. They couldn't see the stage but had a great view into the stadium and easy access to drinks and a bathroom (and cover during the storm!).

You content w/ not being in the stadium?
  • The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    The ones the furthest south on Sheffield (like 3609) and furthest west on Waveland (1048) would let you see a small sliver of the stage, and most of the crowd. The closer to center field you get, the less you'll see. I would imagine the sound would be better for the former as well and decrease as you get towards center.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    jjflash said:

A couple of friends hung out on one of the rooftops behind left field for the '13 show, not sure of the name tho. I think they paid around $50/each cover charge. They couldn't see the stage but had a great view into the stadium and easy access to drinks and a bathroom (and cover during the storm!).

You content w/ not being in the stadium?

Honestly, I'd love to be in the venue, but I'm just not sure it's going to happen! I'm used to looking for one ticket, but my girlfriend's coming along for her first show, and I know a pair is much tougher!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    edited May 2016
    you are better off hanging on the streets than going the rooftop route. You could hardly see the stage from even the furthest south rooftop (Sports Corner), and that was before they added the new scoreboards. Save your money and hang on Sheffield or Waveland ;)
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    benjs said:

Hey everyone! I'm planning on going to Chicago for the weekend of the shows, and was wondering whether anyone has experience doing the rooftop thing for a Wrigley show. Any recommendations? Cheers!

I have no idea but if you can swing it, sounds sweet, benjs! Nice way to spend a summer night even if no clear/direct view.

Also, I may have said this before, but :bow: to Stugots' username and av.
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    hedonist said:

benjs said:

I have no idea but if you can swing it, sounds sweet, benjs! Nice way to spend a summer night even if no clear/direct view.

Sopranos just might be the best show EVER.
    Ray J. T. said:

hedonist said:

benjs said:

Fuckin' a, Ray J!

I'm sure benjs would agree.

RIGHT, benjs?
    hedonist said:

Ray J. T. said:

hedonist said:

benjs said:

Fuckin' a, Ray J!

RIGHT, benjs?
    Sopranos was one I never got into actually! I mean, um.. YEAH! I'll smoke to that :)

EV
    benjs said:

hedonist said:

Ray J. T. said:

hedonist said:

benjs said:

Fuckin' a, Ray J!

RIGHT, benjs?
    Sopranos was one I never got into actually! I mean, um.. YEAH! I'll smoke to that :)
    Good answer =)
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    When AC/DC played there in September of last year I secured one of the rooftop bars for a business event that claimed to have one of the best views of the stage (on the right field side). While it did have a view of the stage, it was from a side angle and the view was minimal at best. The sound wasn't bad but it was sort of muffled at times. If you can't get a ticket for the show and still want to feel as though you're there this would probably be your best option but don't go into thinking you'll have these great views like I had initially thought.

When AC/DC played there in September of last year I secured one of the rooftop bars for a business event that claimed to have one of the best views of the stage (on the right field side). While it did have a view of the stage, it was from a side angle and the view was minimal at best. The sound wasn't bad but it was sort of muffled at times. If you can't get a ticket for the show and still want to feel as though you're there this would probably be your best option but don't go into thinking you'll have these great views like I had initially thought.

Bummer! Well, at least now I know :) The hunt for a pair resumes then!

EV