Options

New Dinosaur Jr in August!!!

Comments

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Still waiting on my signed copy from recordstore.co.uk and my Amoeba blue LP is on its way. Digital for me at the moment.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,983
    Sounds really fucking good on CD.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    Got the purple, tempted to pick up a blue.
  • Options
    Blue came today, its transparent like the purple, nothing like the picture but that and the clear are the most limited of the variants. 9000 purple made which is a huge amount.
  • Options
    Which one sounds the best?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Spags said:

Iiiii walllkkkk for miilllles...man, so good!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    dudeman said:

I imagine the black could sound marginally better than the colored ones which is often the case. Apparently the vinyl mastering isn't great and so it sounds a bit flat. So in answer, probably your CD sounds best.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

dudeman said:

I imagine the black could sound marginally better than the colored ones which is often the case. Apparently the vinyl mastering isn't great and so it sounds a bit flat. So in answer, probably your CD sounds best.
    Between my CD and the clear vinyl I received (which is limited to 500 copies and I thought I was ordering black!) I like the clear vinyl sound better. Would be interesting to compare the black, clear and purple.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    The new album has the best "Lou songs" since he started singing a couple after Beyond.

"Love Is..." is an album highlight for me.
  • Options
    dudeman said:

The new album has the best "Lou songs" since he started singing a couple after Beyond.

Yes! Lou's two songs on "Give a Glimpse" are great!

A kid came into the store the other say and saw my new Dino t-shirt and said, "I love those guys! So many of my other favorite bands have gone soft, lost it. Dinosaur Jr is still killin' it!"

Right on!

• Options

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,046
    Loving this album! My blue vinyl arrived today from Amoeba! Sounds great!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Signed copy has been delayed until mid September apparently due to overwhelming demand and the record being repressed. Good job I got the Amoeba blue, wondering if I even need the signed LP.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    FR181798 said:

Signed copy has been delayed until mid September apparently due to overwhelming demand and the record being repressed. Good job I got the Amoeba blue, wondering if I even need the signed LP.

yeah, I got the purple, and then went to get the blue, but it was already gone.
  • Options
    This record just keeps sounding better and better to me. Good to see there are other fans here!

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I agree it's a terrific record. It would seem that the signed artwork from recordstore.co.uk is actually a signed folded poster rather than the sleeve signed. Wondering even more if I actually need it.
  • Options
    dudeman said:

I liked "Love Is..." from the get-go but the more I hear it, oh man, fantastic!! Same with almost the entire album. It just keeps getting better. Very stoked about this one!

• Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    I just picked up the purple vinyl variant, have read that it sounds a bit flat, but sounds fine to me, I just had to crack it up a couple more notch's than usual. Fave tracks so far are the opener 'Goin' Down' and 'I Walk For Miles' is a heavy epic! Fantastic artwork on this one too..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    Awesome album!!!
    Got tix to see them over here in Oz in January - they are playing a smallish tavern only 15mins from my house for $55
    Can't wait :rock_on:
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    reesdog said:

I just picked up the purple vinyl variant, have read that it sounds a bit flat, but sounds fine to me, I just had to crack it up a couple more notch's than usual. Fave tracks so far are the opener 'Goin' Down' and 'I Walk For Miles' is a heavy epic! Fantastic artwork on this one too..

Cool reesdog! Yeah, those track are a couple of my fav's as well.

I thought I had ordered black but got clear. Sounds fine!

• Options
    redraw said:

Awesome album!!!
    Got tix to see them over here in Oz in January - they are playing a smallish tavern only 15mins from my house for $55
    Can't wait :rock_on:

Holy shiiii...! Smallish tavern... fifteen minutes away... $55... NICE!! Have a great time and if you get a chance maybe give us a little review of the show! :smile:

• Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    brianlux said:

reesdog said:

Cool reesdog! Yeah, those track are a couple of my fav's as well.

I thought I had ordered black but got clear. Sounds fine!
    Yeah, not sure what all the complaints are about, ok sometimes you have to turn the volume up on certain records to get a decent sound out of it, but no big deal. Maybe some people aren't playing it on quality gear...
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,500
    TONIGHT!!!! :rock_on:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Probably one of my favourite Dinosaur records.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

:plus_one: Looking forward to hearing about it! Have a great time!

• Options
    FR181798 said:

Probably one of my favourite Dinosaur records.

:plus_one:

• Options
    brianlux said:

Wobbie said:

WHAT? WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

brianlux said:

Wobbie said:

WHAT? WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

DIDN'T I SUGGEST EAR PLUGS!! :lol:

• Options
    J crushed it! The dude plays guitar like Brian Lux. Love how he stood 3 feet in front of about 75 square feet of amps...3 stacked on 3.

very good show and not as loud as I expected :smiley:

J is not much on talkin'

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

J crushed it! The dude plays guitar like Brian Lux. Love how he stood 3 feet in front of about 75 square feet of amps...3 stacked on 3.

very good show and not as loud as I expected :smiley:

J is not much on talkin'

haha!

Fantastic! So glad you got to go Wob! Dinosaur was in San Francisco recently, the same day I went down to pay tribute to and show support for one the the Sea Shepherd crew who were in port. The next day I ran into my drummer buddy Andy and he said he had heard I was in the city and did I see Dinosaur? I said, "No, you were the one who said they would be too loud for my ears." He felt really bad and said he was sorry he talked me out of going. I told him, "No worries! If I had a difficult time watching you guys [Carlton Melton] play for 15 minutes there's no way my ears could take Dinosaur! You saved me some more hearing damage!"

So I didn't go and that's OK but hearing from others like you about the shows gives me the good vibes to go along with any footage that comes out. So good job for checking them out and, again, so glad it was a great show!