Options

mansfield, MA 07-11-03

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited May 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
what are your thoughts on this bootleg? i just bought it but i havent listened to it yet. i looks pretty amazing. what do you think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Great Show, The Brain of J-STBC combo is unmatched in any other bootleg. The energy and setlist are amazing. Only MSG2 from that era can compete.
  • Options
    I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    Grossly overrated.
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options
    Reynaldo6Reynaldo6 Posts: 80
    Great Show, The Brain of J-STBC combo is unmatched in any other bootleg. The energy and setlist are amazing. Only MSG2 from that era can compete.
    i agree the songs before those are great too. so it goes Can't Keep, Breakerfall, Brain of J, and Spin The Black Circle. what a great way to open the second set.

It gives me chills when Ed screams at the beginning of Breakerfall.
    I'll wait up in the dark
    For you to speak to me
    I'll open up
    Release me
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    The acoustic set is beautiful. Also one of my favorite versions of BLACK.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    i also really like Tremor Christ from this show.
    I'll wait up in the dark
    For you to speak to me
    I'll open up
    Release me
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Great show. The acoustic set alone makes it worth it in my eyes, and is one of the bootlegs I listen to most.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,931
    I find myself listening to it quite a bit.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |
  • Options
    jwhjr17 wrote:
    I find myself listening to it quite a bit.
    same here. I can no longer listen to my Ipod in my car, so i just listen to this show on CD. Its awesome.
    I'll wait up in the dark
    For you to speak to me
    I'll open up
    Release me
  • Options
    jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    Just got the '03 Mansfield shows the other day (thanks jmac!), and they are all really good. This last one though is most definitely one that will be in the car for a long time.
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    what are your thoughts on this bootleg? i just bought it but i havent listened to it yet. i looks pretty amazing. what do you think?

I own it and it kicks ass...it's three discs of pure bliss...

I read someone sayign overrated and i jsut don't see how anyone could say that...it's a god damn Pearl Jam concert

I love the version of 'Down' and their cover of 'Fortunate Son' with Sleater Kinney
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,486
    one of the best
    the experiment makes it so
  • Options
    Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    It's amazing.
    You will wear that sucker out.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    Mindblowing acoustic set.

The rest of it? Starts well, but pretty meh.
  • Options
    robbutlandrobbutland Posts: 59
    Man of the Hour from the Big Fish soundtrack sounds so beautiful....
    If music be the food of love, play on.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    One of the best PJ shows i've ever attended... the acoustic set is worth it alone... All Those Yesterdays and Tremor Christ... the night was just so surreal... very beautiful.

It's an amazing set, i'm happy it was released in retail.
  • Options
    HoochHooch Posts: 37
    One of the best PJ shows i've ever attended... the acoustic set is worth it alone... All Those Yesterdays and Tremor Christ... the night was just so surreal... very beautiful.

It's an amazing set, i'm happy it was released in retail.

I wouldn't say it was beautiful. The show was absolutely amazing, but it rained all day, and it was about 55 degrees and misting during the acoustic set (although I was a dumbass and had just a t-shirt on). But it only got colder as the night wore on.

Again though, the set(s) were amazing. Although Sleeter Kinney totally ruined the songs they joined in on at the end (fortunate son & 1 other). I deleted them from my ipod.
    Been to lots of shows. I love shows...
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    The acoustic pre-set is worth having for sure. The opening few songs are great too, but after Tremor Christ i find it fairly forgettable.

It's remembered as a classic because it was the closing show of the 'experiment', but it is nowhere close to being their best performances. Far from it if you ask me. Eddie sounds sloppy as hell.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    HoochHooch Posts: 37
    The acoustic pre-set is worth having for sure. The opening few songs are great too, but after Tremor Christ i find it fairly forgettable.

It's remembered as a classic because it was the closing show of the 'experiment', but it is nowhere close to being their best performances. Far from it if you ask me. Eddie sounds sloppy as hell.

Latwer in the show they definitely wore out. They made some mistakes. The 1st & 2nd shows were absolutely incredible, and the acoustic set blew my mind. About midway thru the final set they did seem to start to just try and get through as many songs as they could.

Still if you listen to Mike's solo at the end of YLB you can catch a lick from "More than a Feeling" from Boston. There were a number of other things that made this a very memorable show.
    Been to lots of shows. I love shows...
  • Options
    Hooch wrote:
    Latwer in the show they definitely wore out. They made some mistakes. The 1st & 2nd shows were absolutely incredible, and the acoustic set blew my mind. About midway thru the final set they did seem to start to just try and get through as many songs as they could.

Still if you listen to Mike's solo at the end of YLB you can catch a lick from "More than a Feeling" from Boston. There were a number of other things that made this a very memorable show.

I agree, the first two shows are phenomenal and i listen to them regularly. And i completely understand that the band were tired, i know i would be!

I guess for those that went to all three shows, it was something special. But from a simple listening perspective, the third show doesn't do anything for me.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    I think it's great and I've heard them all. If you wanna talk overrated, let's discuss State College....
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    I think it's great and I've heard them all. If you wanna talk overrated, let's discuss State College....

Definitely! Very sloppy show. Band sounds like they're having a blast so that makes it a fairly fun listen, and Satan's Bed is hilarious.

• Options
    yeah if they took the first set first night boston, second set second night boston and the acoustic set third night boston, now that would have made a killer 3 disc set....but the 7/11/03 show doesnt get nearly as many listens as the first 2 nights do for me....still a good buy, its fuckin live pj for fucks sake!
    8.29.00-4.29.03-4.30.03-5.2.03-7.2.03-7.3.03-7.8.03-7.9.03-7.11.03-9.28.04-9.29.04-10.1.04- 10.2.04-10.3.04-5.12.06-5.24.06-5.25.06
    ...i know all the rules but the rules do not know me, guaranteed...