Comments

• Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    edited May 2016

mcgruff10 said:

cutz said:

mcgruff10 said:

It was the best show I ever saw.

better than spectrum 3? man that was one hell of a show.
    Spectrum 3 still tops in my book but too many to choose from.
    Yeah, Spectrum 3 for me too.

I thought MSG-1 in 2010 was better then MSG-2. But, what do i know, because i thought Newark in 2010 was better then those 2 MSG shows>LOL
    that's funny because I thought newark was one of the worst shows i've ever seen.
    Wow I thought Newark was great. I know there was a perception at the time that the crowd sucked but I was on the floor Mike's side about 8-10 rows back and the crowd was great. Cool setlist too
    I loved the Newark show. I know there is a lot of talk about a low energy, but it was certainly rocking where i was sitting as well (sides near stage on Stone's side). Its one of my favorite shows - too bad they dropped Breath and No way!

As far as MSG2 2010 and Philly 3 2009, its probably a coin toss for me -- can't argue with either one. I'd probably give Philly 3 the edge, but MSG2 was certainly special.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    nicknyr15 said:

KP_McMinn said:

mcgruff10 said:

cutz said:

mcgruff10 said:

I thought MSG-1 in 2010 was better then MSG-2. But, what do i know, because i thought Newark in 2010 was better then those 2 MSG shows>LOL
    that's funny because I thought newark was one of the worst shows i've ever seen.
    McGruff, you never cease to amaze me with your comments.
    I think he's right. On paper, and the boot is was an awesome show. But being there, it kinda sucked. There was no energy from the crowd.
    i dont know man, i dont go to feel the energy of the crowd, i go for the music the band plays, and to see songs i havent see live yet. I saw 4 songs for the first time{ brother, of the girl, blitz and jersey girl.}.

SET 1
    Of The Girl
    Brain Of J.
    Do The Evolution
    The Fixer
    Alone
    Amongst The Waves
    Immortality
    In Hiding
    Even Flow
    Insignificance
    Supersonic
    Brother
    Glorified G
    Daughter
    Blitzkrieg Bop
    Unthought Known
    Leatherman
    Lukin
    Once
    ENCORE 1
    Just Breathe
    Footsteps
    Inside Job
    Got Some
    Go
    ENCORE 2
    Jersey Girl
    You Are
    Whipping
    Life Wasted
    Alive
    Indifference
    All Along The Watchtower
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    KP_McMinn said:

mcgruff10 said:

cutz said:

mcgruff10 said:

I was somewhere in the first 8 rows/floor on stone s side and thought the energy in the building was appalling. All my friends and I agreed that the crowd woke up once "go" was played. But it was a really really weird show. I almost felt embarrassed being a part of the crowd that night. Ed said something all the lines of "you do want us to keep playing right?" That was based of a poor crowd response when they came out for the second encore. If the set was played at MSG it would be top three shows for sure because of the energy of the crowd. The set list was sick but the crowd sucked.
    I hope my comments contine to amaze you. ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    mcgruff10 said:

KP_McMinn said:

mcgruff10 said:

cutz said:

mcgruff10 said:

I was somewhere in the first 8 rows/floor on stone s side and thought the energy in the building was appalling. All my friends and I agreed that the crowd woke up once "go" was played. But it was a really really weird show. I almost felt embarrassed being a part of the crowd that night. Ed said something all the lines of "you do want us to keep playing right?" That was based of a poor crowd response when they came out for the second encore. If the set was played at MSG it would be top three shows for sure because of the energy of the crowd. The set list was sick but the crowd sucked.
    I actually got last minute ticket from one of my good buddies, in a suite, no less. The suite was stone side about halfway point. There was a bar, private bathroom and a pretty sick view from the balcony. Everyone whom I was with in the suite just happened to be pretty cool. Needless to say, we were all pretty lit half way through the first set. After first encore we out side to the smoking area outside venue, and got so unbelievably high, when we came back in, jersey girl just started, and I love the Tom waits version, so I was kinda freaking out to hear this...into You Are, which if you haven't heard this song stoned, you're really missing out. Whipping in that slot was nuts, so was alive and life wasted in those slots, plus indifference into all along watchtower (not ylb and baba). Newark was one of the better times I've had.

All good bro, I hope I didn't come off rude, I really do find your posts interesting.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,452
    edited May 2016
    nicknyr15 said:

KP_McMinn said:

mcgruff10 said:

cutz said:

mcgruff10 said:

I think he's right. On paper, and the boot is was an awesome show. But being there, it kinda sucked. There was no energy from the crowd.
    Being at a Pearl Jam concert kinda sucked?>WOW!>I try not to let the crowd affect my concert experience, in a negative way, if i can help it.

If the 2010 Newark show was played at MSG, it would've been the best thing since slice bread>LOL!!!
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    KP_McMinn said:

mcgruff10 said:

KP_McMinn said:

mcgruff10 said:

cutz said:

mcgruff10 said:

I actually got last minute ticket from one of my good buddies, in a suite, no less. The suite was stone side about halfway point. There was a bar, private bathroom and a pretty sick view from the balcony. Everyone whom I was with in the suite just happened to be pretty cool. Needless to say, we were all pretty lit half way through the first set. After first encore we out side to the smoking area outside venue, and got so unbelievably high, when we came back in, jersey girl just started, and I love the Tom waits version, so I was kinda freaking out to hear this...into You Are, which if you haven't heard this song stoned, you're really missing out. Whipping in that slot was nuts, so was alive and life wasted in those slots, plus indifference into all along watchtower (not ylb and baba). Newark was one of the better times I've had.

All good bro, I hope I didn't come off rude, I really do find your posts interesting.
    No worries bud! Sounds like you might have "seen" things differently at newark lol.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    TWHoltTWHolt Moncton, NB Posts: 401
    edited May 2016
    cutz said:

mcgruff10 said:

Newark was one of my faves as well! Brain of j, Alone, immortality into in hiding, footsteps, Go, the last performance so far of Brother, Inside Job, whipping.....I've heard that the crowd was less than desirable but I couldn't tell as I was busy rocking out!!

edit: but yeah, Happy anniversary MSG 2, 2010!!! No doubt an incredible show!
    Post edited by TWHolt on
    |Montreal 03|Halifax 05|St. John's 1 05|St. John's 2 05|Toronto 1 06|Toronto 2 06|NYC 1 08|NYC 2 08|Toronto 09|Hartford 10|Boston 10|Newark 10|NYC 1 10|NYC 2 10|Alpine Valley 1 11|Alpine Valley 2 11|Montreal 11|Hartford 13|Ottawa 16|Chicago 1 16|Chicago 2 16|Boston 1 18|Quebec City 22|Ottawa 22|Next~Boston 1 24|Next~Boston 2 24|
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    MSG2 was magical. It was my first time visiting NYC and I had a blast. Slow Lukin was incredible. Just an all around great trip and show.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    ChristobalChristobal Posts: 34
    Newark had a great setlist but the crowd did suck. My buddy and I were about 6 rows up in the 200's and people were yelling at us for standing and got security to make us to sit down. We ended up moving over a few sections, but the crowd around us was no better. As to the person who said the best shows were between 1993-1996. You are definitely right. 2010 MSG II was the best show I was ever at. Philly II is a VERY close second.
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine. I am mine."

2003: Nassau Coliseum
    2006: Continental I and Continental II
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, and EV United Palace Theater I
    2010: Prudential Center, MSG I, and MSG II (Best concert ever!)
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Wrigley Field, Barclays I, and Barclays II
    2016: Wells Fargo II, MSG I, MSG II, Fenway I, and Fenway II
    2018: Fenway I
    2022: EV Beacon I, LA I, LA II, MSG, Camden