Tickets

I don't want to come off as an ass but it is getting annoying as fuck seeing people looking for tickets only asking for GA or Ten Club seats. Now do not get me wrong if there is an opportunity to get yourself a GA or Ten Club ticket go for it. However, when I see people only asking for a GA or Ten Club seat it sort of irks me. I have been seeing the boys for a few years and as long as I am in the building I am happy. Are people that snotty that they would turn down a ticket because it is not a good seat? Does it really matter? I look at it as a fun time with my friends, both the people I came with and the other Pearl Jam fans. If I have a closer seat awesome, if I am in the building, that is just as cool. Ok end rant. Have a good day everyone.
96 Randall's Island II
98 CAA
00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
09 Phillie III
10 MSG II
13 Wrigley Field
16 Phillie II

Comments

• I think a lot of fans have tix but only looking for an upgrade.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,982
    I get what you're saying but I don't mind if people are trying to find a better seat. I have pretty good seats for most shows so I'm not inclined to scramble for better seats but I don't begrudge anyone for trying to snag a better seat.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    Only reason I am looking for Wrigley II GA is so that I can sit with my friends. Other than that I can agree with you. Either way Ill be happy to be in the stadium. Doesnt hurt if people ask.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    At the end of the day I could care less, However, sometimes members of the fan base come off as snobs and I really dislike that portion of the base.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson Posts: 1,366
    edited May 2016
    I ended up with a fellow members (thank you Z.) spare GA for Philly 1 and not once did I ask for GA. It is kinda annoying to see people beg for GA tickets. Now don't get me wrong GA is awesome, but you can't enjoy the show from anywhere else?
    Post edited by pearldavidson on
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    If wanting a decent seat makes me a snob i guess im a snob. A bad seat in a large venue can make a great show a bad one. I didnt really enjoy night 3 at the spectrum or philly 05 cause i had shit seats, the sound was horrible, and the people i was around were disinterested. And i know those shows were great based on the bootlegs. Whats the big deal?
  • I try to get the best seat I can. Do I always? No. Do I still go? Absolutely! For this tour, my Ottawa ticket was not very good, Toronto 1 was awesome, Toronto 2 my seat was decent. Still loved all the shows, but guess which one was my fav! (Doesn't hurt that it was Binaural night!)
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
    I was at both those shows. Night 3 was awesome for many reason, it was my birthday and I got to see friends I do not normally see. Phillie 05 I sat behind the stage and took my fiance now wife for the first time, we had an awesome time too. The seats had little to do with my enjoyment. It is what you make of it.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson Posts: 1,366
    The only seats that never felt right to me were behind the stage. I've done it twice and it's not for me. Other than that, not picky about where I sit.
  • Ok So I'm a snob... wouldn't beg for pit...but always do whatever I can do be as close as possible to any artist at any concert. I like the interaction with them. that being said I was at the back for Toronto last week (05/12)...AND IT WAS AWESOME!!! We had the best people around us and everyone was into the show......

It really is all of what you make it. Glass half full!!!

Peace.Love.Music. ALWAYS! :peace:
  • I don't want to come off as an ass but it is getting annoying as fuck seeing people looking for tickets only asking for GA or Ten Club seats. Now do not get me wrong if there is an opportunity to get yourself a GA or Ten Club ticket go for it. However, when I see people only asking for a GA or Ten Club seat it sort of irks me. I have been seeing the boys for a few years and as long as I am in the building I am happy. Are people that snotty that they would turn down a ticket because it is not a good seat? Does it really matter? I look at it as a fun time with my friends, both the people I came with and the other Pearl Jam fans. If I have a closer seat awesome, if I am in the building, that is just as cool. Ok end rant. Have a good day everyone.

when you go to a fancy restaurant (not Denny's, where all seats are the same), do you say "gimme your worst table, I'm just happy to be here!". no, you want your experience to be the best it can be. if the table by the fireplace/pond/hot waitress isn't available, most don't walk out. they take the best available. but why not ask? I don't think people actually say no to A seat, they just put out the feelers asking for their most preferred.

if you ask for GA or 10C, and you get no bites, you lower your standards. that just makes perfect sense to me.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

I don't want to come off as an ass but it is getting annoying as fuck seeing people looking for tickets only asking for GA or Ten Club seats. Now do not get me wrong if there is an opportunity to get yourself a GA or Ten Club ticket go for it. However, when I see people only asking for a GA or Ten Club seat it sort of irks me. I have been seeing the boys for a few years and as long as I am in the building I am happy. Are people that snotty that they would turn down a ticket because it is not a good seat? Does it really matter? I look at it as a fun time with my friends, both the people I came with and the other Pearl Jam fans. If I have a closer seat awesome, if I am in the building, that is just as cool. Ok end rant. Have a good day everyone.

when you go to a fancy restaurant (not Denny's, where all seats are the same), do you say "gimme your worst table, I'm just happy to be here!". no, you want your experience to be the best it can be. if the table by the fireplace/pond/hot waitress isn't available, most don't walk out. they take the best available. but why not ask? I don't think people actually say no to A seat, they just put out the feelers asking for their most preferred.

if you ask for GA or 10C, and you get no bites, you lower your standards. that just makes perfect sense to me.
    I get that HFD, maybe I should reclassify when I seen Need 2 GA or desperately need GA, which I have seen before. Does that make sense?
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • I don't want to come off as an ass but it is getting annoying as fuck seeing people looking for tickets only asking for GA or Ten Club seats. Now do not get me wrong if there is an opportunity to get yourself a GA or Ten Club ticket go for it. However, when I see people only asking for a GA or Ten Club seat it sort of irks me. I have been seeing the boys for a few years and as long as I am in the building I am happy. Are people that snotty that they would turn down a ticket because it is not a good seat? Does it really matter? I look at it as a fun time with my friends, both the people I came with and the other Pearl Jam fans. If I have a closer seat awesome, if I am in the building, that is just as cool. Ok end rant. Have a good day everyone.

I get that HFD, maybe I should reclassify when I seen Need 2 GA or desperately need GA, which I have seen before. Does that make sense?
    I don't know. this band brings out the desperation in all of us. I recall in 2005 my Mom thought she could get me "prime" seats because she had an "in" with the promoter. So I trusted her. I got shafted. Farthest from the stage as possible. Other end of the arena. So I had to try to find better seats.I didn't beg, mind you, but I did end up with better ones.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    the best seats are where the best sound is, not how close you are.
    99.9% of concert goers don't even talk about this, as if they are there for sight, not sound.

10th row sucks as far as "sight" goes.

If you can't see the hairs on their arms, you're not close enough for it to be a "sight" event, so concentrate elsewhere
  • I agree. I feel weird asking for ANY ticket at face value when I have none, let alone the best seats in the house for a sold out show. It bugs me to see how many people are asking for a GA pair for BOTH Wrigley shows. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask cuz you never know... but come on.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    The problem is people who make a commitment to buy a ticket and then bail on the commitment if they find a better seat before the show. As someone who occasionally only needs a single 10c ticket and has tried to sell an extra this has been a recurring theme. The way the system is set up encourages that (no single seats, pick up tix the day of the show so can't confirm a sale until then, etc) - I've found myself not bothering and taking a casual fan instead, as opposed to a 10c member who maybe got shut out and deserves to have the seat.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...