Couch tour/live streams

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I'm a newb so go easy. Ha! I was just wondering if PJ does any live pay/per concert streams like some other bands do? I'm kind of assuming not since I haven't read or heard anything about it. If not, I think that it would be a win/win for everyone, fans and the band alike. They could make money and we would be able to see the shows live that we can't attend. Bands like GD and Phish do this with success and I see so many similarities with the PJ fan base. Thoughts?
First show 4-29-16!

Comments

• weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    Everybody here wishes they would
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

For now, we rely on Periscope. The next time there is a show, you can check here (well, the Given2Fly section) for the set list thread and people will post links to Periscope feeds. Not always great, but the best we can get, for now.
    ELITIST FUK
  • MelissaJGMelissaJG Posts: 5
    SD48277 said:

For now, we rely on Periscope. The next time there is a show, you can check here (well, the Given2Fly section) for the set list thread and people will post links to Periscope feeds. Not always great, but the best we can get, for now.
    Thanks for the hook up! I will definitely check it out.
    First show 4-29-16!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    I really wish they would work with TourGigs. Their buddy Danny Clinch is involved with that one.

http://tourgigs.com/
  • NSLNSL Posts: 293
    Tour gigs can be extremely hit or miss with live streams. I've probably watched 25+ Umphrey's streams through them and a few other bands and there have been some that are completely unwatchable. Live streaming in general seems to not be completely solid (yet). However, Yahoo Live seems to be doing an excellent job with consistent streaming.
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
    2024-08-26 - Noblesville, IN
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    If they live streamed audio straight from the sound board for a per-tour fee it would be phenomenal. Periscope is nice given no other alternatives, but the video does almost nothing for me and the audio is sketchy depending on where the scoper is standing.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Just keep the bootlegs coming - it's almost like being there. Almost..and I can listen to them over and over again.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • rrebernrrebern Posts: 86
    PJ already uses Nugs.net for download and CD distribution of most of their shows (get Wrigley '13 done please), so I'd imagine they could rework the deal to use their streaming infrastructure as well. They already have the pro cameras in place...

I've been couch touring Phish for a few years with the Nugs platform and it's been very solid. Occasional dropouts are pretty rare but overall it's well worth the price of admission. Plus you get the option of re-watching the show afterwards. Hopefully we'll get this someday for PJ too.
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668
    rrebern said:

PJ already uses Nugs.net for download and CD distribution of most of their shows (get Wrigley '13 done please), so I'd imagine they could rework the deal to use their streaming infrastructure as well. They already have the pro cameras in place...

I've been couch touring Phish for a few years with the Nugs platform and it's been very solid. Occasional dropouts are pretty rare but overall it's well worth the price of admission. Plus you get the option of re-watching the show afterwards. Hopefully we'll get this someday for PJ too.

This would be sooooo great. I would happily pay for a quality stream for shows outside of my geography.