Photo Ad Infinitum

Whenever I see a photo like the one below I get a little bit wigged out. The photo is of the album "The Brothers Four Song Book". In the photo, one of the Brothers Four is hold a copy of the album, "The Brothers Four Song Book", On the cover of that album is the same brother holding a copy of "The Brothers Four Song Book"... ad infinitum. In other words, given enough resolution (or pixels) this photograph duplicates within itself to infinity.

Think about that if you're having difficulty falling asleep tonight.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,432
    brianlux said:

Whenever I see a photo like the one below I get a little bit wigged out. The photo is of the album "The Brothers Four Song Book". In the photo, one of the Brothers Four is hold a copy of the album, "The Brothers Four Song Book", On the cover of that album is the same brother holding a copy of "The Brothers Four Song Book"... ad infinitum. In other words, given enough resolution (or pixels) this photograph duplicates within itself to infinity.

My Dad has that record. I used to have to listen to that shit as a child
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,627

brianlux said:

My Dad has that record. I used to have to listen to that shit as a child
    I had a little record business going through our local music store for a while. When that store closed recently, I brought the inventory home and while going through it ran across this one. Not totally surprised it didn't sell. They look like nice guys but yeah, not my thing.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• I always wonder where the white goes when snow melts.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,627

I always wonder where the white goes when snow melts.

:lol: