Options

Hows the parking at Verizon Center?

ScratchedArmsScratchedArms Posts: 107
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I cant wait! 3rd show in 4 days. Im driving down from PA and wanted to make sure parking was ok at venue. Verizon site says the lots only open hour and a half before the show. Are there any other options earlier? Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    I'd recommend taking the subway ... but the natives can probably tell you better.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    im not sure about parking there. ive been there for hockey games and it is set in a downtown-type area in chinatown. i dont remember seeing parking at all. I always took a subway in the area. decent bars in the viscinity though probably to be occupied with Jammers.
  • Options
    ProgFan511ProgFan511 Posts: 51
    I believe there is parking and i think its like 20 bucks for arena parking if im not mistaken.
    6/22/08 DC
  • Options
    jmccue7jmccue7 Posts: 119
    there are garages around the center and there is parking at the verizon center itself. not sure on the cost for v-center, but garages are around $20ish for the day. just check the side streets near the center. Also a few outdoor lots for about the same price.

If you take the metro in, you can park at the Red Line station at Grosvenor-Strathmore, it is right off of 270. Parking there should be free, and a ride is about $5 round trip and drops you off right at Verizon (get off at the Gallery Place-Chinatown stop.) The choice is yours!
    Merriweather '00
    East Troy '03
    Boston I '04
    Pittsburgh '06
    Lollapalooza '07
    DC '08
    MSG I & II '08
  • Options
    ProgFan511ProgFan511 Posts: 51
    Yeah, metro is probably the best way to go.
    6/22/08 DC
  • Options
    jessykawjessykaw Posts: 29
    I always suggest the metro, but you need to make sure you don't miss the last train out. There are parking decks/garages around the Verizon Center. Parking is between $18-$20 a day. Just circle around the block and you will find one. Also, just a warning, but the metro is packed after a concert lets out. If you are making a day out of your trip, find parking elsewhere and get a metro pass for the day. The metro stop is right at the venue. Hope this helps.
    Charlotte: 10/4/96
    Virginia Beach: 6/17/08
    D.C.: 6/22/08
    D.C.: 8/17/08 (Vedder solo)
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 229
    If you get to the neighborhood by 7pm, I bet you can find a street spot within five blocks. For most spots in that area there isn't Sunday enforcement, so it won't cost a dime.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    thanks all!
  • Options
    JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    We parked at a random lot a few blocks from the arena at around 3 PM last time around- probably will do the same again.
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    jmccue7 wrote:
    there are garages around the center and there is parking at the verizon center itself. not sure on the cost for v-center, but garages are around $20ish for the day. just check the side streets near the center. Also a few outdoor lots for about the same price.

If you take the metro in, you can park at the Red Line station at Grosvenor-Strathmore, it is right off of 270. Parking there should be free, and a ride is about $5 round trip and drops you off right at Verizon (get off at the Gallery Place-Chinatown stop.) The choice is yours!

I've been looking at the metro stuff. Parking is $.75 i think a the Red Line Station in Strathmore. However, it says you need a smartrip card to pay effective june 28 2004...
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    russmcrussmc Posts: 91
    Yeah most Smart Trip cards themselves are $5, but you have to pay $10 for them and get $5 credit towards parking, metro, bus, etc. They are available at pretty much every station.
    Surreal Art that Entices the Mind
    http://www.russmcintosh.com
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    russmc wrote:
    Yeah most Smart Trip cards themselves are $5, but you have to pay $10 for them and get $5 credit towards parking, metro, bus, etc. They are available at pretty much every station.

cool thanks. I didnt want to get there and be boned because we dont have a smarttrip card
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False