GA Alone? Help!

Hi everyone!
This is my first post, so I apologize in advance if I'm in the wrong section or if this has been asked before.

I finally have a GA ticket for Toronto 2 (a dream come true) and plan on lining up in the morning. However, this is my first time doing GA and I'll be by myself. Any advice/tips from the experienced GA veterans on how to keep your place in line if one must go to the bathroom and such? haha I know the PJ family is generally nice, but any tips? What should I expect?

Thanks in advance and hope to see you there! :)

Comments

• andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,805
    you will be treated well...jump in !
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    When you get in line, introduce yourself to the person in front of you. Don't leave the line until a few people have joined the line after you and be sure you introduce yourself to them too. Anytime you want to go to the bathroom, just talk to the people around you (especially behind you) and let them know you'll be back in 10 minutes or so. You'll be fine, just don't leave the line too close to when doors are supposed to open.

Have a blast!
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    edited May 2016
    Another tip would be to sit as much as you can while in line. Once you get into the venue you'll be standing/jumping for a VERY long time so do your legs a favor and rest them as much as possible beforehand. I agree with the other posters that folks are as a whole very nice/understanding and will have your back if you ask them to hold your spot to use the bathroom.
    Post edited by DeLukin on
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • I waited for only a few hours for my first GA show the other night in Ottawa and time flies rather quick! Before you know it, you are being let into the arena.

You'll be around "your kind" and talking Pearl Jam is a sure fire why to break the ice and make some friends for the night. :smile:
    Have you ideas on how this life ends?

Toronto 10-05-2000 / Toronto 06-28-2003 / Kitchener 09-11-2005 / Hamilton 09-13-2005 / Ottawa 09-16-2005 / Toronto 09-19-2005 / Toronto 05-09-2006 / Toronto 05-10-2006 / Toronto 08-21-2009 / Montreal 09-07-2011 / Toronto 09-11-2011 / Toronto 09-12-2011 / Ottawa 09-14-2011 / London 07/16/2013 / Ottawa 05-08-2016 / Toronto 05-12-2016
  • MissRenataMissRenata Posts: 10
    See? You're all so great and sure know how to make a fellow fan feel welcome! Thanks so much for all your prompt replies and advice. :) I'll be sure to get some rest today - I had side stage seats last night and jumped til my feet begged for mercy. lol Looking forward to GA tomorrow! So excited!!!