Thank you, Pearl Jam

SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
Thank you, Pearl Jam. I've been listening to this band and buyings their tapes/CD's/bootlegs since they first hit the scene back in the early 90's. But I never got a chance to see them live in concert until 3 years ago at Wrigley Field. What an experience that was. And I can only say that that show took my fandom about 20 levels higher. Fast forward 3 years since the Wrigley show and I've now seen them 6 times live. The highlight was probably GA in Moline, but all 6 of the shows were amazing.

Part of me is bummed that I didn't do this 10-20 years earlier, but hey it is what it is. Life was happening and I don't regret anything. My friends and co-workers think I'm flipping crazy for having just driven from Chicago to Lexington, then a few days later I flew to New York for the 2 MSG shows. But man, what a time it was. And wrapped around it we got to spend a lot of time in an awesome city! New York is great.

And the other fans you meet are awesome. Standing in line at MSG1, there were a bunch of us from all over the place and everyone was so chilled and down to earth. Everyone telling stories of shows and cities they've been to. We were all in line early to get first crack at the merchandise when the doors opened at 6:30.

I guess I'm mostly grateful for being allowed to be a part of this cool thing in my own small way. What a great band, great fan club and a great group of fans.

Thank you!

ps - please do a Blackhawks jersey at the Wrigley shows like you've done for Detroit and the Canadian cities! :)