Options

Toronto 10 Year Anniversary

Good morning!
I just wanted to write to let you know of a cool anniversary that’s happening tomorrow night in Toronto. 10 years ago to the day, I met my wife at a PJ concert! She was visiting from Winnipeg and I lived in TO. We ran into each other the night before at night 1, but didn’t get names or numbers and I never thought I would see her again. It was devastating. But, somehow we ran into each other again on night 2 May 10, 2006. We got names, numbers etc. and met up after the show. She had to fly home the next day, but we kept in touch writing every day. She visited me, I moved out to Winnipeg for a few months before we settled in Toronto. A little over a year after we met we got married and have been going strong ever since. Just over a year ago we had our first child, Wyn.
I’m not sure if these ever get passed on to the band, but tell them THANKS! I just want them to know how much this band has meant to me and my wife. It changed two lives forever and helped create a third! I’m so excited to be able to see this band again ten years to the day we met.
We played Lowlight at our wedding and our minister quoted You during the ceremony. The music has been woven into our story forever.
See you tomorrow night.

John (and Shelly)
Listen to the Sadies.

"Who's better than Eddie Vedder?" - Oranje by Orson Corson

Comments

• Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Congrats!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,341
    Awesome story. Congrats and hope they bust out low light for you guys!
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,789
    Congrats!!
  • Options
    lampshade27lampshade27 Posts: 35
    Thanks guys! I just had to share.
    Listen to the Sadies.

"Who's better than Eddie Vedder?" - Oranje by Orson Corson