An open letter to PJ from a fan hit by the Fort McMurray fires...

Hey, first off, this is not me. This is the nephew of my cousin but it was shared to me via FB so I thought I would post here in case it's of interest to PJ or any of their fans. I'm in the next province over and our weather is even being affected by the fires that are raging. Horrible event and my heart goes out to all who are affected. I've also included a link below if anyone wants to donate to aid the Red Cross in its efforts...

"To the members of Pearl Jam, I am hoping you find this message, my friend and I were so excited to attend your upcoming concert in Ottawa this weekend, tickets were bought, flights booked...then we went through the terrible and devastating events of the forest fire in Fort McMurray, Alberta on May 3. Worse of this, my friend has lost his home and entire neighbourhood. The entire city has been evacuated, airport has been shut down, and unfortunately we have had to cancel our travel plans. We are hoping to book another trip to attend another show, however at this point we have no idea when we can return to our community, but more importantly when my friends house may be rebuilt. I would welcome a follow up message if possible, I hope it is a great concert in Ottawa, I will listen for the concert replay on XM radio, a loyal Pearl Jam fan......Sean."

https://donate.redcross.ca/ea-action/action?gclid=CjwKEAjwgbG5BRDp3oW3qdPiuCwSJAAQmoSD5TEgV_4UduleFZ4uv193ODi244FTtVCnu8MRn5p8gRoCgBzw_wcB&ea.client.id=1951&ea.campaign.id=50639

Comments

• camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Ed sent thoughts and care to your province during the Quebec City show. They are aware of the terrible fires in Alberta. When they play the Quebec show you'll hear it. I saw coverage of the fire while I was in Quebec and it's just awful...so much loss. Please donate if you're able.