Options

My MSG experience!!

riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
So my friend and I traveled from Alaska for my first show in GA and his first show all together! We decided since we traveled across the country we would get in line the night before night 2 for a shot at the rail. We showed up at 8:00pm Sunday night and were 5th and 6th in line. After a night of freezing and no sleep we made it into the day. I decided to leave the line at 8 am to get in the poster line, leaving Caleb in the GA line with our newly made friends. After only an hour of sleep on the night, the poster line felt like hell. But I was in it for the full PJ experience. I fell asleep at about 10am sitting on the pavement in the poster line. I awoke an hour later and stood up. Another 2 hours past before they started letting people into the garden to buy posters. I finally made it in, buying two posters and two New York shirts. I swiped the card for $144 and made my way back to the GA line. Finally Caleb could run off and grab some food at 1:30pm. When he returned I ate a gyro from a local food truck. That was all I ate all day. I got no more shut eye because my stoke level was through the roof.

We finally got into the garden. The history seemed to float in the air of the building and we walked our way to the rail right in front of the stage. We picked the spot right in front of vedder. It was the best night of my life. The set list was unreal, the band played without skipping a beat. I was right in the action. It was well worth the camp out. It is a memory for my life time. I just want to say thanks to all the other people in line for being so nice. And I want to thank the band for putting on such an amazing show. After "do the evolution" Mike tossed out a pick and I got it. I will never lose that thing!

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    That gyro smelled like trash
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    riley540 said:

When he returned I ate a gyro from a local food truck.

We're talking about some endurance to see our favourite band here! Kudos to you and your pal! :plus_one: Greek gyro? I hope that helped you throughout the whole concert my fiend! :smile:

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,123
    That's great man, glad you got you PJ memories of a lifetime

• Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 593
    Awesome story hope you sounds like you really enjoyed your PJ MSG xperince
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
    Awesome story. Glad you had a blast :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore