Options

Alli and his Travels

Comments

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

There was a very large crowd. It was several blocks long. There just wasn't much of an audience for the drum circle, because well drum circle. =)

I am so out of touch.
    I'm not sure if your saying you expected a bigger crowd for a drum circle(which to be fair is not easy to see on stage in that pic) or that you didn't know the Pride Festival would be that big.
    :lol: No, I was laughing at myself for being surprised that there's a drum circle. I didn't know people still did that. But then, what do I know? :lol:

I'd expect the festival to be big. Even in my conservative area (Texas), gay pride events are a big deal and fun.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,647
    Awesome, hope you got to see our Asheville buddy and that you guys had fun at the show. Long way for Alli to go to have an adventure -- sure is a cool gator!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

There was a very large crowd. It was several blocks long. There just wasn't much of an audience for the drum circle, because well drum circle. =)

Oh Alli, really gets around! Glad he made it to Asheville, one of my favorite places. The Asheville Drum Circle is actually a lot of fun. It happens every Friday night and the people are always ready to jam.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,754

Oh Alli, really gets around! Glad he made it to Asheville, one of my favorite places. The Asheville Drum Circle is actually a lot of fun. It happens every Friday night and the people are always ready to jam.
    I've heard good things about the Asheville drum circle. However due to some not so cool experiences with certain persons and their drum circles I'm biased the other way. Maybe one day I will check it out.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Who P there are enough hipster/hippie wannabes in the millennial generation to keep the drum circles alive. I just wish most of them would learn to actually play.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Who P there are enough hipster/hippie wannabes in the millennial generation to keep the drum circles alive. I just wish most of them would learn to actually play.

I second the millennial hippies...when I went to see Chris Robinson Brotherhood and moe earlier this year, I didn't realize so many young white boys still got dreadlocks,and wore patchouli...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I second the millennial hippies...when I went to see Chris Robinson Brotherhood and moe earlier this year, I didn't realize so many young white boys still got dreadlocks,and wore patchouli...
    Funny. It's true, but don't discount all millennials. I've met some incredibly priceless ones and they do actually know how to bang the ever livin' f out of a drum... but just to be clear, I'm not a millennial...lol
  • Options

I've heard good things about the Asheville drum circle. However due to some not so cool experiences with certain persons and their drum circles I'm biased the other way. Maybe one day I will check it out.
    You definitely should...
  • Options
    Alli saw his first snowfall today.

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Is Alli wearing a seat belt?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Free Alli!
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Yes that is a seatbelt specially designed for alligators.

Ani we cannot free Alli, safety first.

• Options
    Alli is off again on his last concert tour of the year.
    Chillin' in Victoria until Sunday when he heads for Seattle.

• Options
    Alli departing Victoria on the ferry. Next stop Seattle!

• Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

Alli departing Victoria on the ferry. Next stop Seattle!

:heart: for Alli on his journey.
  • Options
    Alli is in Seattle. He's got to run though as he scored a ticket to tonight's show.

• Options
    Alli's seat tonight.

• Options
    so cool...Alli sniffing out the room...full on exciting!!
  • Options
    Did Alli get merch?
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Did Alli get merch?

Alli is merching it out today. No time last night.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited November 2016
    Alli is a merch whore.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Alli is a merch whore.

:open_mouth:
    Well that was uncalled for you hurt Alli's feelings.

Alli is well behaved, it's me who isn't.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited November 2016

dankind said:

Alli is a merch whore.

:open_mouth:
    Well that was uncalled for you hurt Alli's feelings.

Alli is well behaved, it's me who isn't.
    Sorry, Alli. I figured ND had warped your fragile little mind.

Carry on.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Alli is a merch whore.

Aren't most of us here merch whores? :raising hand:

ND, Exposing Alli to the merch line is training him up in the way he should go. :wink: 99¢ ponchos and poster tubes should be included.
  • Options
    deadendp said:

dankind said:

Alli is a merch whore.

ND, Exposing Alli to the merch line is training him up in the way he should go. :wink: 99¢ ponchos and poster tubes should be included.
    Only if he is happy to see you :wink:

• Options
    Alli had a great day yesterday in Seattle. He started off checking out Ames Bros.

Alli says don't start wars.

• Options
    Time to check out imagesome sights.

Yummy Space Needle, nom nom nom

KEXP

Hanging with Rachel the Pike Place Market pig.

Time for some real food at a Seattle institution.

• Options

deadendp said:

dankind said:

Alli is a merch whore.

Only if he is happy to see you :wink:
    :rofl:

Happy to see that you are having a great time in Seattle!
  • Options
    Alli apologizes for his tardiness but here is the rest of his Seattle adventure.

Alli at the Paramount

Alli scored a last minute ticket upgrade so this was his view for TOTD night 2

• Options
    After a fantastic two shows and a great two days meeting new friends and reconnecting with old ones, Alli says good bye to Seattle.