Crazy ticket swap, lost ticket, 10c ticket recovery at MSG 2

phungiphungi Posts: 641
Waiting in line for GA yesterday with my friend. He had 2 GA tix and I had 2 reserved 10c tickets. Meet gals from California, Alyssa and Jean (I think - damn, I should know this since we spend the day in GA line together, but I will call them this). Alyssa has Parkinson's and doesn't know if she can last the show in GA and asks if I would consider swapping a RES for a GA. I was MORE THAN happy to trade, and she seemed very happy as well. Once we confirm this, I put on the wristband, so I am 100% in for GA.

Cut to 5:30, we finally enter the venue for GA and are waiting to get to the floor. Jean gets a call from her friend, Alyssa, who seems to have lost her ticket. She is with my friend, as they both have my 10c tickets. I finally enter the floor/PIT, and Alyssa is pretty freaked out, thinking she is screwed... I am pretty sure this is the case, and I feel AWFUL that I am in the PIT and she may be outside. We are texting and calling back and forth through each other's friends, so this is dragged out, but she eventually tried the box office since they have one of the two tickets in the pair but are told they need proof of purchase (which means me).

Meanwhile, I talk with a security guard in the PIT, who tells me "see the supervisor" and points to someone with a clip-board. She says "you need to go to the box office" but the person next to her says "he can't leave the GA area". They send me to the entrance of GA, to "ask for a supervisor". This leads to an elevator ride, and I am at the turnstiles to enter MSG, where the guy says "you can't leave the venue".

Long and short of it, I identified myself at a total of 3 check-points, talked to 3 supervisors, told each my story. Ultimately they tell me to meet my friends at the box office, so I can provide proof of purchase. I leave the actual venue (at the blessing of the supervisor at the turnstile), meet them at the box office, tell the story to the person behind the window, give my driver's license, and 10c prints her a new ticket. I make my way back to each check-point where every security guard not only lets me back in, but passes me off to the next person, and asks and is happy to learn how it worked out. Everyone was happy...

The only bad part, if someone found my 10c ticket, sold it, and someone tried to scan it once Alyssa was in the venue, they likely couldn't enter. Anyway getting a GA ticket for a RES was worth the extra steps.

If Alyssa and/or Jean read this, great meeting you, and sorry if I messed up your names. Great hanging with you!
37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)