Options

Pearl Jam Tour Europe 2008?

Comments

• Options
    BunuelBunuel Posts: 35
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Ed says a lot of things like that at almost every show. I wouldn't put too much faith in those words...

Well he said those things last year too and know what - he kept his word :)
    26/6/07 Copenhagen, 23/9/06 Berlin - 45 different songs
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Deep_DK wrote:
    Please don't take away the little hope I have :)
    Okay seriously... you JUST saw them in Copenhagen I assume. They haven't played a show near the city in which I live since 2000. So kindly blow it out your ass. They won't likely play Europe again for a long time. Be thankful you got what you did. There were a LOT of shows there in the last year.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    Deep_DKDeep_DK Posts: 151
    strilo wrote:
    Okay seriously... you JUST saw them in Copenhagen I assume. They haven't played a show near the city in which I live since 2000. So kindly blow it out your ass. They won't likely play Europe again for a long time. Be thankful you got what you did. There were a LOT of shows there in the last year.

I am very thankful :)
    It's not a crime to free your mind.
  • Options
    Well it's awesome that you want more, I know that feeling. But seriously, they are not going to tour from 2005-2008. Just be patient and wait until they come back to Europe after the next album comes out.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    Deep_DKDeep_DK Posts: 151
    strilo wrote:
    Well it's awesome that you want more, I know that feeling. But seriously, they are not going to tour from 2005-2008. Just be patient and wait until they come back to Europe after the next album comes out.

I know you are probably right. I also wrote earlier, that I thought they would rest for a while and tour America next :)

I really didn't mean to sound unthankful, because I'm not. I think it's amazing they did Europe 2 years in a row.
    It's not a crime to free your mind.
  • Options
    I would be so happy too but they waited until after my year of living in Germany to play there four fucking times or something. And if they hadn't played Portland and the Gorge four fucking times while I was in Germany. I am happy for you really but I am way bitter for myself. I saw them once in 2002 because I drove up to Seattle and I saw them once in 2006 because I traveled four hours to Bern, only to see the shortest concert of the 2006 tour. After the 2000 tour, I've had a long string of bad luck when it comes to seeing them in concert.
  • Options
    HENKESHENKES Posts: 14
    Well, if anybody would have told me last year that PJ would come back to Europe within 10 months .... I wouldn't have believed it.
    The thing they did in the last 4 weeks is still unbelievable.
    I am very thankfull for this generous threatment.
    I saw Pearl Jam 3 times in 13 years (1993, 1995 and 1996 and I had tickets for the show in Rotterdam 2000 which was cancelled after Roskilde) and in the last 11 months I could add 7 shows to my total.

I concider myself a lucky and wealthy PJ-fan.
    If thay come back in 2008 or 2009, it will make me even more lucky.
    And if they decide to wait untill 2010, then I'll wait for them.

* I made friends in Nijmegen with a guy from Rotterdam. I saw him again the next day in Werchter and I told him that my wife couldn't come to the show because she was sick. My wife wouldn't allow me to come back home again if I did not bring her a guitar-pick from Mike or the tambourine from Eddie. This guy from Rotterdam did put his hand in his pocket, took out a guitar-pick from Mike and said: "do you mean these picks?" He gave it to me and said that he hoped that my wife would be better soon (many many thanks to Ron).

This is one of many fantastic expierences I had the last year with all these Pearl Jam fans from all over the world.
    I have seen and spoken to people from Australia, USA, Hungary, Poland, Italy, Spain, Germany, England, Croatia, Brasil and Mexico.
    It is a wonderfull thing that a band, five musicians, can bring all those nations together and let them celebrate music and life with each other.
    I feld like a family with them. I talked to them as if they were my brothers and sisters.

So, I also want to thank you too, all the Pearl Jam fans around.
    Because of you, it has become a wonderfull summer.
    The summer of 2007.
    1993 - Rotterdam
    1995 - Hasselt (with Neil Young)
    1996 - Amsterdam
    2006 - Arnhem / Berlin
    2007 - München / Düsseldorf / Scheeßel / Nijmegen / Werchter
    2009 - Rotterdam / Berlin
    2010 - Nijmegen / Berlin / Werchter
    2012 - Amsterdam 1 / Berlin 1 & 2 / EV - Amsterdam 1
    2014 - Amsterdam 1 / Berlin
  • Options
    HENKESHENKES Posts: 14
    Well, if anybody would have told me last year that PJ would come back to Europe within 10 months .... I wouldn't have believed it.
    The thing they did in the last 4 weeks is still unbelievable.
    I am very thankfull for this generous threatment.
    I saw Pearl Jam 3 times in 13 years (1993, 1995 and 1996 and I had tickets for the show in Rotterdam 2000 which was cancelled after Roskilde) and in the last 11 months I could add 7 shows to my total.

I concider myself a lucky and wealthy PJ-fan.
    If thay come back in 2008 or 2009, it will make me even more lucky.
    And if they decide to wait untill 2010, then I'll wait for them.

* I made friends in Nijmegen with a guy from Rotterdam. I saw him again the next day in Werchter and I told him that my wife couldn't come to the show because she was sick. My wife wouldn't allow me to come back home again if I did not bring her a guitar-pick from Mike or the tambourine from Eddie. This guy from Rotterdam did put his hand in his pocket, took out a guitar-pick from Mike and said: "do you mean these picks?" He gave it to me and said that he hoped that my wife would be better soon (many many thanks to Ron).

This is one of many fantastic expierences I had the last year with all these Pearl Jam fans from all over the world.
    I have seen and spoken to people from Australia, USA, Hungary, Poland, Italy, Spain, Germany, England, Croatia, Brasil and Mexico.
    It is a wonderfull thing that a band, five musicians, can bring all those nations together and let them celebrate music and life with each other.
    I feld like a family with them. I talked to them as if they were my brothers and sisters.

So, I also want to thank you too, all the Pearl Jam fans around.
    Because of you, it has become a wonderfull summer.
    The summer of 2007.
    1993 - Rotterdam
    1995 - Hasselt (with Neil Young)
    1996 - Amsterdam
    2006 - Arnhem / Berlin
    2007 - München / Düsseldorf / Scheeßel / Nijmegen / Werchter
    2009 - Rotterdam / Berlin
    2010 - Nijmegen / Berlin / Werchter
    2012 - Amsterdam 1 / Berlin 1 & 2 / EV - Amsterdam 1
    2014 - Amsterdam 1 / Berlin
  • Options
    So good you just had to post it twice? ;)
  • Options
    ymerejymerej Posts: 70
    Most unlikely well see them so soon..I wish, but this tour was so soon after last years...
    My predictions are 2009., hopefully. Maybe even in 3 years, but if they decide to come back sooner, i dont think nobody would complain. ;)

I'm with you here. They were in Europe for two years in row...sure they need rest and probably they are going to start making songs for a new album...so hope we'll see them in about 2010...and I really hope they'll come in Slovenia....
    I just want to scream...
    ...hello!!!
    My god its been six years...
    never dreamed...
    ...you'd return.
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    I think we're looking at 2009-2010. I think they're going to go home now, take a break, make a new album. But I DEFINITELY don't think they'll skip us again on a "world" tour. I mean, like someone said, how much love declaration can you have? The great 2006 tour followed by another tour in 2007 (and their only 2007 tour). That says a lot.

Anyway, I need a few years now to get some cash together. Being just a student, I really spent all I got in the last 3 years.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I doubt they'll be back before a new album is out. Even then, I think we'll be at the end of the world tour as we got 2 outtings this tour. So it'll probably be 2 to 3 years until the next album and then maybe another 6-12 months on top of that before they get round to us (US - Australia - US - Europe maybe?).
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    I never have any PJ related dreams, untill last night.

I dreamt that one of my family members rushed into the living room to tell me that PJ were touring in 2008. :):D

And then I heard Alice Cooper's morning show and was sad :( It was just a dream :(
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    2008 no. (though that'd be awesome :D)
    more realistically 2009-2010.
    if they do any touring next year, it'll be North, and maybe south, America.
    that's fine, we'll travel :)

But there's no way they're leaving a 6 years gap again..we've shown them too good a time :D
  • Options
    Thin HairThin Hair Posts: 67
    i think the world is small enough for me now to travel anywhere to see them. I guess its easier for some more than others, but the bug has well and truely bitten me...........i need more shows and i dont care where they are.
    ' take 2 bottles into the shower?......not me, I've got no fucking hair!'

Wembley 00..Astoria 06..Albany 06..Hartford 06..Barcelona 06..Paris 06..Wembley 07..Dusseldorf 07..Nijmegen 07
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    He said "see you next year" at Brisbane in 1998. We got them again 5 years later.

Well. We saw them 14-15 years after they first appeared...
    And Ed did say, next time it won't be so long ;)

:D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Thin Hair wrote:
    i think the world is small enough for me now to travel anywhere to see them. I guess its easier for some more than others, but the bug has well and truely bitten me...........i need more shows and i dont care where they are.

I have the bug too. Went to Europe in 2006 and 2007!
    I have it baaaaad.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    paddypaddy Posts: 104
    I read somewhere else that they're supposed to be playing 4 gigs in Ireland next year. Including Slane.
    Hello, is there anybody in there?
  • Options
    BunuelBunuel Posts: 35
    I heard that there will be a Nordic/Baltic tour next winter. Stockholm, Malmö, Linköping, Oslo, Trondheim, Kemi, Oulu, Tampere, Turku, Lahti, Helsinki, Tallinn, Tarto, Riga + Vilnius. Maybe some others too. Waiting to be confirmed in next couple of days.
    26/6/07 Copenhagen, 23/9/06 Berlin - 45 different songs
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    paddy wrote:
    I read somewhere else that they're supposed to be playing 4 gigs in Ireland next year. Including Slane.

bet you £5000 it doesnt happen
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Bunuel wrote:
    I heard that there will be a Nordic/Baltic tour next winter. Stockholm, Malmö, Linköping, Oslo, Trondheim, Kemi, Oulu, Tampere, Turku, Lahti, Helsinki, Tallinn, Tarto, Riga + Vilnius. Maybe some others too. Waiting to be confirmed in next couple of days.

maybe 1 or 2 of those bigger cities they might play... but Tarto... i mean come on.. I've never heard of it so i doubt an american will have heard of it :rolleyes:

and playing a Nordic/Baltic tour next WINTER!!!!!!!!!! yes, that'll be fun to queue up in :rolleyes:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    dunkman wrote:
    and playing a Nordic/Baltic tour next WINTER!!!!!!!!!! yes, that'll be fun to queue up in :rolleyes:
    I'll make it fun. Don't you worry about that.

As long as you mean the winter after this coming one. It'll take me another 5 months to save up enough for another tour.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Bunuel wrote:
    I heard that there will be a Nordic/Baltic tour next winter.
    My nuts are freezing at the thought of it.
  • Options
    Bunuel wrote:

:D
    Leeds 25/08/06
    Berlin 23/09/06
    London 18/6/07
  • Options
    Bunuel wrote:

Hahahahaha, nice one ;-)
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    DickieDickie Posts: 26
    Bunuel wrote:

Where did you hear this???? Sounds fantastic!!!
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    I'll make it fun. Don't you worry about that.

i dont need you to make it fun... and i wasnt worrying ;)

it'll take more than a pissed dancing Aussie in a fucking mullet to entertain me in sub-zero Riga... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Bartek_-_Bartek_-_ Posts: 73
    I predict they won't be doing one year breaks anymore (like they did from 1996 to 2002). They seem to enjoy playing live more than ever and even with they families they will be touring every summer. Come on, it's not like they live in dirty hotels and drive by buses from one show to another - for them and for their wifes and children a tour must be like a vacations. That might be another factor to convience them to go back to Europe. Probably to another 5 shows in Italy though :D
    I think such a schedule is probable:
    summer 2008 - a new album ("Avocado" outtakes?) or maybe not... to be honest I don't care :D
    late summer 2008 - a US tour (election time!)
    autumn/winter 2008 - a SA tour (they deserve it more than everyone else)
    summer 2009 - European tour (hopefully no three-random-support-acts-in-a-stadium-or-in-a-park anymore)
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    Bartek wrote:
    summer 2009 - European tour (hopefully no three-random-support-acts-in-a-stadium-or-in-a-park anymore)

I think they'll definitely play festivals again. They have enjoyed it a lot. Eddie totally loved the entire day at Werchter. And... it's a very lucrative business...
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    Im hopin to go to them wherever they are.
    Think they might take a break though.
    Dublin, Ireland 17/8/06
    Katowice, Poland 13/6/07
    Nova Rock,Austria 16/6/07
    Nijmegen, Holland 28/6/07