Good experience w/ MSG scalpers from shows?

Morning all... I was able to score a ticket to last nights show from 10C member and I'm still w/o tickets for tonight's show. Craigslist is full of scammers so I'm wondering if anyone had a POSITIVE experience w/ any of the scalpers out front of MSG. Last option is buying from them despite the risk, but wanted to get some thoughts or know if anyone bought tickets last night from them. THANKS!

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,330

Morning all... I was able to score a ticket to last nights show from 10C member and I'm still w/o tickets for tonight's show. Craigslist is full of scammers so I'm wondering if anyone had a POSITIVE experience w/ any of the scalpers out front of MSG. Last option is buying from them despite the risk, but wanted to get some thoughts or know if anyone bought tickets last night from them. THANKS!

Don't do it. Bite the bullet and go with stubhub
  • yea, I may just have too... Thanks... I need to look at it as every year since 96 I've paid face even last night 10C member did right by me and gave me his single for face... Think you're right...
  • BK187852BK187852 Posts: 16
    Assuming you are close to MSG and have time I'd go get in the ticket drop release line. There were a decent amount of tickets released last night throughout the day. Not a ton but decent amount. I know some even got section 118.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    BK187852 said:

Assuming you are close to MSG and have time I'd go get in the ticket drop release line. There were a decent amount of tickets released last night throughout the day. Not a ton but decent amount. I know some even got section 118.

It's like hours in that line right? Although I think the ticket office opens at 10am today. Anyone out there in line?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,330

yea, I may just have too... Thanks... I need to look at it as every year since 96 I've paid face even last night 10C member did right by me and gave me his single for face... Think you're right...

You can grab stubhub pretty close to showtime. There's a staples a block away if u need to print them. Keep refreshing the page. Reasonable stuff pops up but it's usually gone fast. Stay away from the garbage outside. Usually fakes. Not worth the risk.
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    can always buy a shitty stubhub seat and then offer a guy outside $10 for a fake ticket for a 100 level. Use the real one to get in the building and the fake one to get into a better section
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394

can always buy a shitty stubhub seat and then offer a guy outside $10 for a fake ticket for a 100 level. Use the real one to get in the building and the fake one to get into a better section

LOL now THAT'S a strategy!!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • brunobellbrunobell Posts: 72
    Watch out with Stubhub, I was refreshing last night and they get removed at 7:30. I was hoping to pick up some cheaper tickets right before the show, I didn't :(.
    2006 Toronto II
    2008 Toronto II (EV)
    2009 Toronto
    2010 Cleveland, Buffalo,
    2011 Detroit (EV), East Troy I and II, Montreal, Toronto I and II, Hamilton
    2012 Philadelphia