Options

*** NEW YORK 2 SETLIST THREAD ***

Comments

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    73109 said:

I'm confused about what this means for PJ's playing live. I couldn't find the initial comment but it appeared to be within the context of PJ's not playing anymore, not merely that they will close out an arena like they did the spectrum. Am I being stupid?

they are not retiring, just closing out an arena, like they did in Philly
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,303

73109 said:

I'm confused about what this means for PJ's playing live. I couldn't find the initial comment but it appeared to be within the context of PJ's not playing anymore, not merely that they will close out an arena like they did the spectrum. Am I being stupid?

they are not retiring, just closing out an arena, like they did in Philly
    Exactly right
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited May 2016
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • Options
    TremormanTremorman Posts: 381
    PM
  • Options
    RG307469RG307469 Posts: 54
    lolobugg said:

this show is almost over...... man, i can't wait for the reviews tomorrow. i wonder what the attendees thought about it.

This just MIGHT be the show to top MSG1 2003 for me. Maybe. That's what I thought!
  • Options
    Congrats to the girl in the front row who was at her 150th show and wanted to hear breath
  • Options
    qq New York Posts: 97
    Only 2 songs from the 2000s albums in both shows. Unthought and All or None. That era needs more love!
  • Options
    RG307469RG307469 Posts: 54
    edited May 2016
    Did you forget about The End from last night?

Still, not even an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of Avocado tonight...
  • Options
    sak300zxsak300zx Posts: 720
    edited May 2016
    I know I'm going to get slammed for this, and let me preface this by saying that the band destroyed both nights, but this is just my stupid opinion after going to MSG I and II. I love PJ. We all do. We spend tons of money on tickets, merch, travel etc to see the best band on the planet play. I easily spent $1,500 to see 3 shows this tour.

My opinion is that when PJ plays back to back shows, the repeats should be minimal. I say this with peace and love, peace and love,youtu.be/eAU0l7325w0 because PJ has such an incredible library of music and I want to hear as much as possible.

Off the top of my head, and there may be more or I may be mistaken, but they played Jeremy, DTE, Porch, Evenflow, Once, Alive, Given to fly, Corduroy, Lightning Bolt, MYM and Small Town both nights. It's too much.

I understand the need to please "casual" fans. But in a market like NYC there is more than enough "hardcore" fans to fill MSG for 4 nights, and they shouldn't feel obligated to simply play the crowd pleasing hits.
    Post edited by sak300zx on
    www.Collectionzz.com
  • Options
    qq New York Posts: 97
    RG307469 said:

Did you forget about The End from last night?

Still, not even an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of Avocado tonight...

Oh right, I did! Love that tune.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,742
    Philly kicked ass over NY, so hard. And night 1 kicked night 2's ass in NY.

Fuck it, forward ho onto Canada where shit gets amazing again.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

Philly kicked ass over NY, so hard. And night 1 kicked night 2's ass in NY.

Fuck it, forward ho onto Canada where shit gets amazing again.

I thought both Philadelphia shows were better than the New York shows. Very good shows in New York
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    sak300zx said:

I know I'm going to get slammed for this, and let me preface this by saying that the band destroyed both nights, but this is just my stupid opinion after going to MSG I and II. I love PJ. We all do. We spend tons of money on tickets, merch, travel etc to see the best band on the planet play. I easily spent $1,500 to see 3 shows this tour.

My opinion is that when PJ plays back to back shows, the repeats should be minimal. I say this with peace and love, peace and love,youtu.be/eAU0l7325w0 because PJ has such an incredible library of music and I want to hear as much as possible.

Off the top of my head, and there may be more or I may be mistaken, but they played Jeremy, DTE, Porch, Evenflow, Once, Alive, Given to fly, Corduroy, Lightning Bolt, MYM and Small Town both nights. It's too much.

I understand the need to please "casual" fans. But in a market like NYC there is more than enough "hardcore" fans to fill MSG for 4 nights, and they shouldn't feel obligated to simply play the crowd pleasing hits.

sak300zx said:

Here here!
  • Options
    LePep1LePep1 Posts: 13
    fsu2626 said:

I still think Wrigley 2 is going to be the one!!!!!

Along with Wrigley 1
    Well yes, but some say they might not be touring for a while or again. So, who knows?
    I'll send you an interesting rumor via PM
    Me 2
    Me too please!
    '13: Worcester 2
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Fort Lauderdale / Miami
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    Solid shows in NYC but my expectations were higher. Perhaps it was a great MSG show as always but the other cities are catching up. Strangely I had a feeling that they would play the hits in MSG and was right.

Greenville and Lexington kicked MSG's ass. No question. I am excited for Quebec.
  • Options

PM me too please!

myoung321 said:

please don't PM me... ;)

Yes I'd like a PM too! Unless of course it's posted

Yeah if it was on the radio just post it

Gremmie03 said:

Checking my pm.
    If someone gets it pls pass it along

Thx

Posted on thread, see page 26
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO

• Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,656
    sak300zx said:

I'd agree with that. I'll take it a step further and say they could've still played a show tonight that would've appealed to the casual fan and the die hards without ANY repeats. Their catalog is that deep. I know this because i thought about it before seeing tonights set when i saw how chalk full of classics last night was. I mean shit, I wouldnt complain about not hearing daughter for the 20th time, but it wasn't played either night. Blood, glorified g, not for you...plus two albums completely omitted. Must say Im pretty surprised by the repeats.

All that said, Ive gotta give PJ credit. Outside of some jam bands and Wilco, I can't think of another band that switches up sets as much as Pearl Jam, so we should be appreciative of that. It's not easy for a band to have that many songs rehearsed well enough to execute live.

But to your point, to use an example, I will be going to see my morning jacket two nights in a row at red rocks soon, and i can go into that confident that they will repeat a maximum of one song, and they might not even do that. That's just what bands do on a multiple night stand when they have deep catalogs, so im not sure why Pearl Jam played so many repeats for the past two cities. That said, Pearl Jam is still better at mixing up sets than even my morning jacket, so these past two 2-night stands have me scratching my head a bit. Was worth it for ten in philly, but Nyc got the short end of the stick in this case. Still would've loved to been there, but ya know...is what it is. Glad i hit the right show.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,443

Add me.

And me
  • Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    hrd2imgn said:

just fucking post it

YES. DO IT !
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    cutz said:

Add me.

And me
    ryph raph said:

hrd2imgn said:

just fucking post it

YES. DO IT !
    Page 26 of this thread
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,443

cutz said:

Add me.

And me
    ryph raph said:

hrd2imgn said:

just fucking post it

YES. DO IT !
    Page 26 of this thread
    Thanks
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Yeah, the show was great. I think the bar has been raised impossibly high. We had sting do driven to tears and Rick niElson on surrender. Awesome
  • Options
    luvspearljamluvspearljam NY, NY Posts: 207

Okay, I am up in 208, with a question: who sets the pre-show music? I just heard Roxy Music's "Editions of You," which also was played the other night before Philly 1. I don't think that's a particularly well known song, so it can't be coincidence that I heard it both nights.

Just curious,.thanks.

Okay, I am up in 208, with a question: who sets the pre-show music? I just heard Roxy Music's "Editions of You," which also was played the other night before Philly 1. I don't think that's a particularly well known song, so it can't be coincidence that I heard it both nights.

Just curious,.thanks.

I'm in 212 rocking out to the same thing thinking the same thing. Think I remember something about Jeff picking out the songs. Would love to see the song title list.
    I was in 212 too, what row were you in?
  • Options
    luvspearljamluvspearljam NY, NY Posts: 207
    RR105426 said:

Mike D88 said:

Did the sound cut out there or was that Periscope?

Believe it was the periscope. Was crazy though.....was timed right when Jeff hit the light? Thought he shut it down!
    It was the show, the sound cut out twice for a second or two.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KabutarKabutar Posts: 17

Congrats to the girl in the front row who was at her 150th show and wanted to hear breath

How did you know it was her 150th show and that "Breath" was her request? I wouldn't know because I never heard Vedder the entire night.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Kabutar said:

How did you know it was her 150th show and that "Breath" was her request? I wouldn't know because I never heard Vedder the entire night.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QJI_x1vV2U
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 528
    edited May 2016

EM194007 said:

Along with Wrigley 1
    Well yes, but some say they might not be touring for a while or again. So, who knows?
    Send it to me as well please.
    lolobugg said:

Along with Wrigley 1
    PM me too. i love rumours. best Fleetwood Mac album.
    Spurs14 said:

Along with Wrigley 1
    I'll take a pm as well, please.
    Antreaper said:

Yeah, lemme get that PM~

hrd2imgn said:

just fucking post it

jessebasi said:

Along with Wrigley 1
    I'd like to hear this rumour as well... Pm pls
    I'll send it out to you all in a bit, remember it is a rumor, but I heard it on a radio broadcast.
    thabk you for posting sir
    Post edited by DM282158 on
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    MSG2 PUKE???
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 647
    They were spent last night, it was evident and still put on a great show! They went safe tonight, they had to.
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)