Options

***** Ed on Sky TV TONIGHT *****

2»

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Pegasus wrote:
    not Ed...but watching 100 greatest Stand ups right now...and there's a brit guy named Ed Byrne with a stickman t-shirt on :)

thats a dangerous move calling Ed Byrne "a brit" :D:)

He's from Ireland :)

on a slightly less geographical corrective note... i recorded on my dvd thingy last night... but i have no idea what to do with it to upload it anywhere so i'm hoping someone else will as i'm quite lazy at thinking about that stuff.. i dont have a dvd rewriter drive on my PC either so i cant make copies, i might get a chance later this week to see if i can rapidshare it or something :( :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dunkman wrote:

:D:D:D:D I like Ed Byrne
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    redrock wrote:
    :D:D:D:D I like Ed Byrne

My ex-wifes sister used to go out with him......never knew he was much of a PJ fan though. Very, very funny guy though.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:
    on a slightly less geographical corrective note... i recorded on my dvd thingy last night... but i have no idea what to do with it to upload it anywhere so i'm hoping someone else will as i'm quite lazy at thinking about that stuff.. i dont have a dvd rewriter drive on my PC either so i cant make copies, i might get a chance later this week to see if i can rapidshare it or something :( :confused:

well... you could try downloading DVD Decrypter

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/SetupDVDDecrypter_3.5.4.0.exe

and using that to rip a DVD image which you can then post somewhere like megaupload or rapidshare (though that seems to have a 100MB free download limit...).

not done this myself either so not really sure the best way to do it... :(

or you could just send me the DVD and I'll...errr...look after things :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

Did you record on a DVD or on a PVR (like the Sky+ or Virgin+ box?). If on DVD, you can send it to me and I can make copies.... PVRs can be linked to the PC to copy to hard disk or DVD recorder to copy to DVD.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    i couldnt get it so dunkk i'm counting on u too :p
    **pressure is on!**
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Just watched it.

A really nice programme with some amazing surfing footage. As you would expect, it's more about Laird Hamilton than Eddie but theres one or two insights :)

I'll be keeping it on the Sky+ :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    dunkman wrote:

well///I dind't hear him speak much..

and I wouldn't bother uploading it, Iconoclast is old news, saw it months ago...it's all the torrent places already...DVD has been made and all:
    http://www.youkanland.com/torrents-details.php?id=575

..unless you have it like in HD :)
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    and I wouldn't bother uploading it, Iconoclast is old news, saw it months ago...it's all the torrent places already...DVD has been made and all:

..unless you have it like in HD :)

Well.. I haven't seen it and my PC doesn't like torrents... so if anyone can upload it differently or get in on DVD for me, that would be cool.
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    i couldnt get it so dunkk i'm counting on u too :p
    **pressure is on!**

*laughs at pressure*
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    1. well///I dind't hear him speak much..

2. and I wouldn't bother uploading it, Iconoclast is old news, saw it months ago...it's all the torrent places already...DVD has been made and all:

3. ..unless you have it like in HD :)

1. one sentence should have been enough

2. its old news for those that have seen it... others havent... plus its not being seeded elsewhere... plus youkan is a invite only or members torrent site

3. is there another kind? :)
  • Options
    is that eddie thing being repeated?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    1. one sentence should have been enough

2. its old news for those that have seen it... others havent... plus its not being seeded elsewhere... plus youkan is a invite only or members torrent site

3. is there another kind? :)
    1....I'm not good with accent..second language and all..

2. you need an invite? pm me your email (not hotmail or yahoo)

3. well, regular TV

REDROCK:
    what do you mean your pc doesn't like torrent? you need a tutorial?
    I can make you a DVD though..send me your address and I can just drop it off at yours at some point (when the weather improves..it's not far but don't fancy cycling even 12 miles in this weather!)
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    1....I'm not good with accent..second language and all..

2. you need an invite? pm me your email (not hotmail or yahoo)

3. well, regular TV

1. thats actually a very good excuse ;)

2. i've got one thanks, but thanks for the offer Peg :cool:

3. :p
  • Options
    RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    whale wrote:
    Hi

a few weeks ago I posted a request for the Iconoclasts programme from anyone who had it. If any of you cannot get the sky channel then visit Pearljamevolution.blogspot.com, click on "videos", then click on "films/documentaries" and scroll to "Iconoclasts" and click on "download". This will route you to the rapidshare website, click on "free" ( couldnt see the point in paying...) the next screen will show a counter which will count down to zero, then you will be asked to copy the code you see on the screen into a box, THEN hit the download button, takes only minutes for the programme to be on your computer.

The programme itself is bloody brilliant. Well worth it. The Pearljamevolution website also has other prgrammes worth looking at too.

Thanks! I've been looking for this.
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
  • Options
    What the hell is Sky TV?
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    if anyone has a link to this sky tv thing with Eddie let us know.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    sky TV is what we in the UK have instead of USA cable or whatever u call it with a million stations. you have to pay extra to get it, thats why i dont have it, paid for broadband instead :p
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    someone alrady posted the link but here is the direct link to rapidshare

click on free and let it count down

http://rapidshare.com/files/1199754/iconoclastsforweb.rar.html
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    RabbitrocksRabbitrocks Posts: 101
    I'd really appreciate a copy on DVD if anyone could help? Cheers.
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Just watched it.

A really nice programme with some amazing surfing footage. As you would expect, it's more about Laird Hamilton than Eddie but theres one or two insights :)

I'll be keeping it on the Sky+ :)

what was the exact name of the program on Sky Arts - wanna check when its gonna be repeated (if ever) pls?

tsk
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    for alesek =

Iconoclasts
    Sky Arts - 21:00

Far from the sleb backslap this could have been, Iconoclasts is turning in some convincing, revealing moments - a two-way conversation rather than traditional interview seems to put both parties at ease. Tonight, the normally guarded Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder goes surfing with big wave legend Laird Hamilton before taking him backstage.
  • Options
    alesek wrote:
    what was the exact name of the program on Sky Arts - wanna check when its gonna be repeated (if ever) pls?

tsk

In the Radio Times it's billed as Iconoclasts but on the Sky TV guide it shows as Vedder and Hamilton :)

Sure it'll be repeated loads over the next few weeks...most stuff on Sky is

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

can someone send me an invite... puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeease... :o
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    V V wrote:
    for alesek =

Iconoclasts
    Sky Arts - 21:00

Far from the sleb backslap this could have been, Iconoclasts is turning in some convincing, revealing moments - a two-way conversation rather than traditional interview seems to put both parties at ease. Tonight, the normally guarded Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder goes surfing with big wave legend Laird Hamilton before taking him backstage.

lovely, tks
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    can someone send me an invite... puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeease... :o
    pm sent
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    pm sent

thanks... will buy you a medicinal orange juice if we manage to meet up with Byrnzie et al tomorrow (this!) afternoon/evening...