Opened the show with Ten album

Who would've thought this would ever happen?!?! This tour's setlists are just crazy good!!!!
I am a doughnut - E.V.

Comments

• ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    I thought it last night, with Master/Slave > Once opening. Of course they do it in full tonight when I'm at home! Was fun living tonight's show vicariously through the forum though.

My brother asked me how last night's show compared to all the others. Since 2013, it really hasn't been possible to rank the shows or compare them to each other or to prior years. They all got select hits, they all got rarities, they all got their own unique stuff. And now the album shows. There are no more "off nights" "generic setlists" or "shortened shows" any more. They're all great!
  • EvieVedderEvieVedder Posts: 461
    Weeeeee!!!!!!
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
  • jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    Wow they played 8 of these songs last night......
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Good for Philly. Glad you guys got it. Hope they get "Ten" outta their system before the MSG shows. I've heard enough of "Ten" live, and the fewer tunes from that album, the better as far as I'm concerned.

As far as complete albums go, I'll take anything from "Vs." thru "Backspacer;" barring those ... just looking for a good mix of great tunes from across the discography.

Glad you guys got it; ... just sayin'.
  • jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    yay! wow! they played 10....
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • TL170678TL170678 Posts: 422
    Amazing man....Was hoping for it at Lexington....Got Deep & Why Go though
  • KP_McMinnKP_McMinn Posts: 748
    jordn6971 said:

jordn6971 said:

This is true, said the same thing to my wife. Couldn't go tonight because of wedding. I'm ok with it now.
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836

Good for Philly. Glad you guys got it. Hope they get "Ten" outta their system before the MSG shows. I've heard enough of "Ten" live, and the fewer tunes from that album, the better as far as I'm concerned.

As far as complete albums go, I'll take anything from "Vs." thru "Backspacer;" barring those ... just looking for a good mix of great tunes from across the discography.

Says the person who wasn't there to witness the magic
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    Didn't everyone think it would happen?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Sooooo bummed this didn't happen in Seattle :(
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    They'd have to actually play in Seattle.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • EXACTLY!!!! WTF???
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    edited April 2016
    Lunaphish said:

Sooooo bummed this didn't happen in Seattle :(

Out of all the Seattle shows I've seen (and some of them have been pretty good), Gorge '05 was the only one I ever felt that they brought it to the next level. The Acoustic set, playing for 3 hours long before it became the norm. A Helluva setlist. I remember thinking at the show.. we finally got one of those epic shows they play in the East!

You'd read stories about the epic shows in the Eastern US and wonder why the band didn't try that with fans in Seattle. Given that fans travel all over to see PJ play in their home town could you imagine the furvor they would generate if they played any of the first 5 albums in their entirety or did something crazy over over the top they do at other shows.

Hopefully they've got some gas left in the can when I go to Chicago :) Gonna be awesome seeing something outside of the Northwest :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Posts: 1,901
    Lifted said:

Good for Philly. Glad you guys got it. Hope they get "Ten" outta their system before the MSG shows. I've heard enough of "Ten" live, and the fewer tunes from that album, the better as far as I'm concerned.

^this^

Best show I've ever been to, and only a small part is because they played Ten in its entirety for the first time since 1992. Crowd was amazing, band was amazing. No words right now, just got home. Unreal....
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741

lol
  • Lifted said:

Well no shit. Think I made it pretty clear I wasn't there. Glad your stoked. Happy for ya. Just sayin' "Ten" isn't on my wish list.

I'm good. I'll be at MSG 1 and 2. You?

Enjoy the memory.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    jordn6971 said:

It felt so much different than the songs being played in their normal spots.

Alive, Black and Release especially felt very weird when they were played mid first sets. Weird in a good way! I had chills the entire time. I may never listen to Ten proper again :lol:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17