Options

AMTRAK! DC show! NY-DC

AnnaMelindaAnnaMelinda Posts: 331
edited March 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Hey! I am planning to attend the DC show... but HAVE to be back to NY by 7 am Monday. Therefore... my plan is to take Amtrak down on Sunday and then take a train home on Sunday night/Monday morning. The least expensive trains are $69 each way. (Not incuding AAA discount.)

I am planning to leave at 9 am Sunday arriving in DC around 12:30 and then taking a 3 am train home arriving in NY Penn around 6:30 am. Anyone else interested in doing something like this... please PM me!

(There are better trains going to DC .... better meaning LATER... but they cost more...)

Anyway. The train ride home would be a lot easier if there were a couple of us... or better... a group of us.

Anyone else?
sometimes life don't leave you alone
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    suppafreak wrote:
    Hey! I am planning to attend the DC show... but HAVE to be back to NY by 7 am Monday. Therefore... my plan is to take Amtrak down on Sunday and then take a train home on Sunday night/Monday morning. The least expensive trains are $69 each way. (Not incuding AAA discount.)

I am planning to leave at 9 am Sunday arriving in DC around 12:30 and then taking a 3 am train home arriving in NY Penn around 6:30 am. Anyone else interested in doing something like this... please PM me!

(There are better trains going to DC .... better meaning LATER... but they cost more...)

Anyway. The train ride home would be a lot easier if there were a couple of us... or better... a group of us.

Anyone else?
    If you have to be somewhere at 7am the next day-fyi= Amtrak is not the most reliable in terms of timeliness of their schedules.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i didnt even think of amtrak until just now... just checked what it would cost from chicago to new york... about $180 a person... i could get airfare for that... SHIT
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    AnnaMelindaAnnaMelinda Posts: 331
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i didnt even think of amtrak until just now... just checked what it would cost from chicago to new york... about $180 a person... i could get airfare for that... SHIT

Chicago to NY I would never Amtrak. NY to DC I usually do.

However... Look into your airfares as my friend and I were looking at Toronto to NY fares and couldn't find her flights for under about $680 (RT) for the week of the MSG shows! CRAZY!
    sometimes life don't leave you alone
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    if i were going to the DC show i think i would just take the china town bus, yeah it's longer but it's hella cheaper.
  • Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512
    suppafreak wrote:
    Chicago to NY I would never Amtrak. NY to DC I usually do.

However... Look into your airfares as my friend and I were looking at Toronto to NY fares and couldn't find her flights for under about $680 (RT) for the week of the MSG shows! CRAZY!

So she's going to take the train? I am not going by train, but will most likely be coming back by train with my girlfriend on the 27th.
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle x2 (ISO: 1 N1 Seattle GA)
  • Options
    Pearl JenPearl Jen Posts: 136
    We are thinking of taking the train to Boston from VA.