Options

If you dig Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath and Hawkwind...

halvhalv Posts: 680
... you have to check out a band called Black Mountain. Jeff Ament listed their 2010 album Wilderness Heart as one of his favorite albums of that year and for good reason. Just an incredible band. So many layers to their music. They just released a new record called IV and it hasn't left my turntable in a week. I can't recommend them enough.

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    Will check them out, thanks!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Great recommendation there halv, thanks. Checked out some tracks off their latest and will now try and get this on vinyl.. :)
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    edited May 2016
    They did a great job pressing the vinyl. It sounds really good.
  • Options
    inmyNCinmyNC amongst many Posts: 243
    Havent got a chance to give their new one a listen. I will say " Wilderness Heart " and 2008's "In the Future" were great albums... Surprised they still are unknown by many.... Great band with a great groove
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I had started a similar thread years ago stating "if you like Black Sabbath and Jefferson Airplane". they are on tour right now.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    check out:

Black Mountain (original and 10th anniversary deluxe editions)
    Druganaut EP
    In The Future (also in a special 2 disc edition called Future Sounds with 3 extra songs)
    Wilderness Heart
    Year Zero Soundtrack (only available digitally or on vinyl-contains new songs and previously released ones)
    IV

also:
    Rollercoaster/In The Drones 7"
    Lucy Brown/Shelter 7"
    Behind The Fall single (Invaders compilation)

There is another band with some of the same members, including the lead singer, called Pink Mountaintops. They are a little wackier, but along the same lines. They have out:

Axis of Evol
    Outside Love
    Get Back

Asleep With An Angel/The Beat 7"
    Single Life/My Best Friend 7"
    The Ones I Love/Erected 7"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com