Leicester City football club....nearly champions!

An amazing season of football in the UK is nearing an end and the unlikeliest champions could lift the cup this weekend if they beat Manchester United. Leicester city compared to the other big guns are mostly made up out of lower league players and there leading scorer Jamie Vardy came from non league(part time) football. Financially no league club is low of funds but compared to others like Chelsea, Tottenham & Manchester City they shouldn't be competing. For example one man city player Raheed Sterling cost as much as the entire Leicester team! So neutrals in the uk are wishing they do it, it shows if everyone works together you can take on the big guns...there's a metaphor there I think!

Comments

• jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    Really hope they do it, it's been an amazing story :smile: You'd have to think it's just a mad once off as I can't see the premier league becoming that unpredictable. I suspect a return to form with the usual top 4 or 5 next season but who knows!
  • cydoniacydonia Posts: 456
    Yep they did it, champions! My great grandad was a Leicester supporter as he lived near the city, so I could find some connection to celebrate, I know that's pushing it ! Btw I support birmingham city...any things possible...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    One of the craziest sports stories you'll ever see. 5,000 to 1 odds before the season! I kept waiting for them to come back to earth, but it just never happened. Amazing.