Options

So I plan on heading over to the Dark Horse...

firecrotch23firecrotch23 Posts: 586
edited August 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
after the phils cubs game and before the vic. there was a thread that said people would be there, anyone still going?
Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SwiftySwifty Posts: 21
    ill be there around 430, said to be playing all and only PJ all night long...before and after the show....i sure hope so!!!
  • Options
    lawguylawguy Posts: 257
    I personally think The Big City Tap, Trader Todds or Sheffields should be the best drinking spots.

Big City is literally kitty corner from the Vic. Trader Todds is a half block north of the Vic on the same street. And Sheffields is one block North of the Vic on the same street and has one of the better beer gardens in all the city.

Dark Horse is 2 or 3 blocks away and they sell their beer at Wrigleyville prices on game days. That means usually at least $5 for miller lite.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    Swifty wrote:
    ill be there around 430, said to be playing all and only PJ all night long...before and after the show....i sure hope so!!!

I plan on stopping in as well.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    there will be a beer deal at the Dark Horse Thursday, no $5 miller lights for sure. I'll keep you updated when I get more info!
  • Options
    Alright, as of now we're still trying to figure out beer prices at the Dark Horse, but in the meantime here's the website http://darkhorsechicago.com/index.htm so you can check out their food menu etc. Thursday is 1/2 price salads and appetizers as well as 1/2 price bottles of wine! As mentioned before, there are a ton of bars in the area including across the street from the Vic that will be full of PJ fans, so you can always wonder around and grab your beers wherever theyre cheap and have fun!
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    mhterrapin wrote:
    Alright, as of now we're still trying to figure out beer prices at the Dark Horse, but in the meantime here's the website http://darkhorsechicago.com/index.htm so you can check out their food menu etc. Thursday is 1/2 price salads and appetizers as well as 1/2 price bottles of wine! As mentioned before, there are a ton of bars in the area including across the street from the Vic that will be full of PJ fans, so you can always wonder around and grab your beers wherever theyre cheap and have fun!

it's a steelers bar? fuck that place

kidding ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    bostonlou wrote:
    it's a steelers bar? fuck that place

kidding ;)

fast willie parker is suffering from a knee injury....Wise Fantasy Sports players will not draft him until round 2!!!!!
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    lawguylawguy Posts: 257
    I did not look at the Darkhorse website. But more often than not for the bars in the area, any special deals ARE NOT VALID on Cubs home game dates.
  • Options
    you're right, prices can vary during baseball season in that area, but 1/2 price appetizers & salad and 1/2 price bottles of wine are confirmed for tomorrow at the Dark Horse