Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    I'll bet the other two have something to do with TREEEES
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Getting a refund is a real shitty thing to even think about...
    I'm sure some other things will come our way.

BTW, don't like the first poster on Pop at all.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • woundedorganwoundedorgan Posts: 607
    Good ole Brad better come up with some dandy shit....At least it will save me some $$ without another bunch of posters to buy.
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • ReleaseMe...ReleaseMe... Posts: 494
    bostonlou wrote:
    you're buying 4 ames euro poster

2 are revealed

2 are unknown but guess upon

read back in this thread for pics and guesses

thanks for the help
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Nevermind
    News: European Poster Series Cancellation
    Posted by wishlist on Thursday, June 14 @ 16:01:29 CDT
    Site News

We regret to announce that due to circumstances beyond our control, the European benefit poster series has been cancelled. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

We hope to have another opportunity to work with our friends at PNE again in the future. In the meantime, please support them by visiting their website http://www.postneoexplosionism.com and http://www.pne3.com.

We look forward to continuing to raise money and awareness to support the Northwest Chapter of the CCFA, Save the Children, Conservation International and other organizations through our fundraising parties, t-shirts and other items, as well as some new projects from us in the future!

Any Wishlist Foundation member that would like a refund based on the information in this announcement, please contact info@wishlistfoundation.org and we will be happy to provide you with one.

Thank you,

Wishlist Foundation

Oh that just SUCKS

Oh well...I guess that will give me some more time to get all of the other prints i'm looking for...
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    bostonlou wrote:
    i would of rathered no announcement instead of bad news

that sucks cuntbuttons

how do you go from announcing it on june 1 to cancelling it on june 14th?

anyone else think this was hampton getting a little payback for wishlist denying his female boom poster?

What a dissapointment, this was going to be HUGE money for the CCFA, all the work wishlist, the ccfa and PNE did. What a shame...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    With what Ames has been producing, maybe PJ should give this kid a chance.
    http://www.gigposters.com/classifieds/detail.php?siteid=4656&pre=1
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
  • kinikini Posts: 97
    Wonder if we'll ever see these come out as art prints? Doesn't sound like it from what is said on PNE's site.
    9/25/92, 9/26/92, 9/27/92, 2/20/97, 2/21/97, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
  • OmahaJammerOmahaJammer Posts: 261
    i read it, but i guess i'm an idiot. who are you insinuating was the cause of this? 10c?

I too will be an idiot and wonder who can be to blame for this.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
    Blame Pele
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    From PNE
    In the interest of public disclosure...

We, the members of PNE, are very disappointed to announce that pivotal aspects of the Wishlist Foundation/ CCFA/ Pearl Jam poster series have been significantly compromised. Original agreed-to specs for this project were suddenly altered by certain entities only one day before images were to debut. As information was presented to us last Saturday, June 9th, 2007, we were NOT willing to agree to these new changes. As 70% of the total artwork for the series has already been completed, to conform to these newly imposed changes would've literally meant starting over from scratch on the majority of these illustrated pieces. This being the case, we feel it necessary to withdraw from this project.

Please do not misunderstand this as us having an issue with Wishlist, CCFA, or the band members of Pearl Jam: none of these parties are responsible for altering certain agreed to terms of this series. Both Wishlist and the CCFA were very excited about this opportunity for us to work together, as evidenced by their gracious statements in the original press release. Again, we also have no problems with the band Pearl Jam, and know that they were excited about the project, as evidenced by their appreciative comments in the same mentioned press release. All three members of Post Neo Explosionism were very interested in doing this project. All three of us have made sacrifices of our time, including waiving our usual artists fees. It was important to us to make time for this, though it involved a lot of work: Hampton busy hammering out the specifics of the upcoming QOTSA series and completing two commissions, Jermaine in the middle of a poster series contract with the Deftones and hosting a solo gallery opening in Colorado, and EMEK in Europe hosting two art showings himself. There were a lot of sketches, emails, and long distance phone calls from hotel rooms in Europe. We only mention these things so that there is no confusion about the desire we had to work on this project & help raise money for people who are suffering. There is no question: we WANTED to do it.

We apologize to all of you who were expecting these prints. We put much work into them and liked what we created, both individually and as a unit. Much time was spent on these pieces and it pains us to know that they will never see the light of day.

At a future date, PNE will create a collaborative art print, the profits from the sale of which will go directly to the Wishlist Foundation/ CCFA Northwest.

Sincerely...
    PNE
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    why would you agree to one thing and then try to change it at the last minute?

70% done... and now no one gets anything... wow

sounds like the blame is being put on the bands management ... i'm not sure 10c would be involved?

can't wait to hear the response of whoever fucked this up

hahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahaha

how disappointing ... 3 of the biggest artists ... and now we're stuck with fucking pictures of trees
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • yostaramayostarama Posts: 287
    I don't think it's the band or the artist or foxy or ecm. Some other puppet master is pulling the strings at wishlist. A lot of poeple donated money to buy the poster's. All of them would have sold out in seconds to the poeple who donated just to buy poster's right or wrong I joined because I love the poster's and felt the money was going to a good cause. Now I wonder what is going on at wishlist. Are they doing this to donate to a good cause or just to show off or what?
    bostonlou wrote:
    why would you agree to one thing and then try to change it at the last minute?

70% done... and now no one gets anything... wow

sounds like the blame is being put on the bands management ... i'm not sure 10c would be involved?

can't wait to hear the response of whoever fucked this up

hahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahaha

how disappointing ... 3 of the biggest artists ... and now we're stuck with fucking pictures of trees
    yostarama wrote:
    I don't think it's the band or the artist or foxy or ecm. Some other puppet master is pulling the strings at wishlist. A lot of poeple donated money to buy the poster's. All of them would have sold out in seconds to the poeple who donated just to buy poster's right or wrong I joined because I love the poster's and felt the money was going to a good cause. Now I wonder what is going on at wishlist. Are they doing this to donate to a good cause or just to show off or what?

oh i know it's not those people

why would wishlist put the kibosh on it? they want to bring in money not turn it away... they could of made thousands with the sales and ebay sales of SE's

from the annoucement at PNE it's clearly either band management or the 10c
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    So how many of ya are going for this? I'll take my chances thru 10C in 2009 when they go on sale there.

Pass. Ames sucks more often than not. Save my $ for a PNE on Wishlist.

EDIT: Damn, caught up on the posts about the cancellations. <sigh, sob>

KJ
    I'm disappointed that the PNE Wishlist Foundation CCFA posters will not be produced. I was looking forward to the collaboration of these 3 great artists on works for a worthy cause thru a hard working group, Wishlist Foundation and their hard working staff, Foxy, ECM and the rest.
    On the otherhand I'm glad to see that the Ames Euro trash PJ sub is still available. This, to me sends a loud message to Ames Bros. Get off your asses and start coming up with some original and creative ideas already. The consumer is fed up with buying their crap, sight unseen. Too many of us, me included bought your shit on past successes and it seems that you guys are living off them quite comfortably. Well if you want us to buy your stuff, start creating something worth buying. Slater, Emek, Hampton, Rogers, Klausen, Jay Ryan, Leia Bell, Diane Sudyka, DumbGun, Jon Smith, Aaron Horkey, etc. etc. are all producing works that are blowing your shit away. I'll save my money for the truly creative artists.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    who just got the klausen email?
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
    KDH12 wrote:
    who just got the klausen email?
    a damn riddle??

thanks BK

:)
    i figured it out

wonder what time zone
  • londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    nm
    both files open for you guys...? I could only open one
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
    both files open for you guys...? I could only open one

only the second one... the bigger one

what a day for posters

an ames sub that no one wants

a kibosh by band mgmt/10c that pisses everyone off

and klausen giving us a riddle

next someone is going to announce that the fundraiser for Miracles fell short and they're releasing Breakin 3
  • RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    I could also only open the one. Dammit, I don't like riddles.
  • mulder11mulder11 Posts: 75
    figured it out.
    no PMing me for my alleged answer

1) i'm not so smart

B) I wouldn't tell my momma what I thought... these are klausen's were talking here!!

:)
    what is his site address?
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    what is his site address?

http://www.artillerydesign.com/ your welcome
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    8/8/08 at 8:08.......
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
    thank you... I figured it out now... like lou said what time zone? PM or AM?