Options

*** Lexington, KY Fanviews Here 4/26/16 ***

Comments

• Options
    DPAttyDPAtty Posts: 58
    pjman75 said:

DPAtty said:

My 11th show. Still getting new ones each time. My 9 year old son's first. (Well, technically his second, but he was 8.5 months in utero for the first one.) Eddie said hi to him at the start. "Hey little man!" Then ran to give him a tambourine during YL. The man next to us had a son the same age who also was at his first show and also got a tambourine. I'm crying tears of happiness as I write this. The music tonight, the energy, the love in the room...it was palpable. God I love this fucking band. We also were right in front of the sign language interpreters...how beautiful to see what some of my favorite songs look like! Thank you 10C for the phenomenal seats. Thank you to members of this community I met tonight, and random Jamily members who went an extra mile to make sure my son had a great time. Thank you Eddie, Mike, Matt, Stone, Jeff, and Boom. The love runs two generations deep in this family!

We watched you all almost more than the band. So phenomenal! We were brought to tears multiple times, especially during YL. Thank you for sharing that experience with us all. It will never be forgotten, that's a promise.
    Much love from section 14 :)
    The tears were rolling last night. And they've continued this morning as I've processed the show some more, and explained the night's events to my wife. I've had emotional experiences at shows in the past, some that were almost blissful in the true sense of the word. But sharing that entire experience with my oldest child last night just turned the emotion to 11. It was like my emotions were a wire stripped bare, and the band just kept zapping it with a current, again and again. I was truly blessed last night, and I'm stoked to learn that a connection was being made across the arena. Hugs and peace.
    "But first he was stripped and then he was stabbed by faceless men, well, fuckers, he still stands!"
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead..."
    "'You're still alive,' she said.  Oh, and do I deserve to be?  Is that the question?  And if so...if so...who answers?...who answers?" 
    "I believe, and I believe 'cuz I can see our future days. Days of you and me."

1998.08.26 Cleveland/Cuyahoga Falls; 2000.10.14 Houston; 2000.10.15 Houston; 2003.04.06 Houston;
    2004.10.02 Toledo; 2006.05.20 Cleveland; 2006.05.22 Auburn Hills; 2010.05.06 Columbus;
    2010.05.09 Cleveland; 2014.10.01 Cincinnati; 2016.04.26 Lexington; 2018.08.18 Chicago N1;
    2018.08.18 Chicago N2; 2022.09.08 Toronto; 2022.09.22 Denver; 2023.09.10 Noblesville, IN
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    What a crazy night. Wife and I drove down from Chicago yesterday, saw the show, then drove right back because I have to work today. Was exhausting and as usual, Pearl Jam was amazing. I love seeing those guys. Can't wait for MSG 1 &2 this weekend!!
  • Options
    sclinvillesclinville Posts: 125
    drank from "the" bottle last night....anyone have footage of that? and kudos to our ga mates that got some as well including the harmonica at end of smile!
    2006 Cincinnati
    2014 Cincinnati Memphis
    2016 Tampa Jacksonville Greenville Lexington Chicago N1 Chicago N2
  • Options
    sclinvillesclinville Posts: 125
    and LEAVING HERE......magnifico
    2006 Cincinnati
    2014 Cincinnati Memphis
    2016 Tampa Jacksonville Greenville Lexington Chicago N1 Chicago N2
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    I was getting a beer when they started 1/2 full....I caught the end but I was kicking myself for missing that one. Just had to have a damn beer
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
    Here ya go...

20 something show for me. Lexington is up there with the best I've seen. Crowd was A+ I thought. So much energy! The band came out on fire. LB was a surprisingly very cool opener. MYM was the heaviest version I've heard. Band was super tight all night but the first 5-6 songs were blazing. Then for me here was where I was shocked. Evenflow. A song I couldn't care less if I saw again or not...it was AMAZING! Mike absolutely shredded on it. Might be my favorite version ever. I'll have to hear the bootleg.

Education and Army Reserve were very tight and the crowd was totally into them where I was (sec 29 row A). Pink Floyd tag (ABITW) was great. Love it when they do that one. First time for Comfotably Numb for me and I was hoping for that one. It was also flawless. Encores- Hide Your Love was great. Thumbing is meaningful for me so I loved hearing that for the first town too! And then later....Smile. One of my all time favorites of PJ.

Alright tired of typing on my way back to St Louis. Oh yeah Lukin was fucking heavy as ever and super fucking loud! Everyone was into it!

Hope everyone else had as much fun as I did. Next stop won't be till Wrigley for me.

Peace.
  • Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    10th show overall, first in nearly three years, and the first "regular" tour stop concert since 2010 in Noblesville (since then, went to PJ20, Made In America, and Wrigley in successive years). Amazing energy for just a "regular" stop on the tour. Loved the setlist--it leaned toward the up-tempo, hard-charging songs most of the way, which I really respond to, and the mix of hits/classics and more rare items was great.

Quick-hit thoughts: Maybe the best "Rearviewmirror" I've ever seen live; Loved "Comfortably Numb;" was thrilled to finally see "Deep;" always glad to see "Porch" and "Satan's Bed." I also thought "Why Go" was a ripping version, loved it. Can't believe it was three hours--as I get older, I tend a lot of times to start checking my watch and thinking about how late I'm gonna get home, and last night (even with rain outside and a 75-mile drive back to Louisville ahead of me), I wasn't looking for it to end at all. Simply spectacular.

Slightly disappointed in my 10C seats (member 210XXX, seated in Section 31--about mid-court, basketball-wise--in row O (so, about 15 rows up off the floor). Great angle for view and not really that far away--probably, in all honesty, the same viewing angle/distance I had at the amphitheater in Noblesville in 2010--but just doesn't feel like a "member since 2000" kind of seniority. I know most of the 90s-era members who were still in when I joined are the kind of serious fans who won't ever drop out, so I know my seating isn't likely to get better, but it's still a slight surprise. And I think I saw a guy a few rows in front of me come in with print-at-home tickets, so there might have been some non-10C folks with better spots in my section, which is a little off-putting. But I don't know the arena's obligations to UK season-ticket holders and the like; it could just be that certain spots were blocked out that 10C couldn't get. Not complaining, really, just observing.
  • Options
    Yes I wanted to point out that RVM was stellar. What a way to end the first set.

Also....Deep was amazing. I was thinking I hadn't seen that live before but I have. That song was delivered with a sledgehammer. Unreal.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064

Yes I wanted to point out that RVM was stellar. What a way to end the first set.

Also....Deep was amazing. I was thinking I hadn't seen that live before but I have. That song was delivered with a sledgehammer. Unreal.

Yes I forgot to mention Deep and RVM. Both were stellar versions.

• Options
    evdjj3jevdjj3j Old Mountains Posts: 114
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT WAS AMAZING.
  • Options
    karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806

I was getting a beer when they started 1/2 full....I caught the end but I was kicking myself for missing that one. Just had to have a damn beer

Did you have to leave the room to get a beer?
    Or do you feel you missed it because you were in line in side the room?
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

I went to get beer during sirens. Got caught in a slow line and missed education. Still pissed about it.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    Thank you Pearl Jam. What a great night. Crowd was so loud and into it. Band came out killing it. One great song after another. Satan's Bed and Army Reserve were great surprises especially.

I am so amazed at the bands energy and how much they seem to be still enjoying playing. Mike is like the energizer bunny running laps around the stage. Eddie is so engaged with the crowd.

Very last minute decision to go to this show thanks to a fellow 10C member who had an extra ticket. Only my 2nd show and I cannot wait for more.

I was in section 15 and saw the 2 kids across the arena get the tambourines from Eddie. Priceless smiles on their faces. Put a huge smile on my face to see that.

Thanks again Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    KC138045 said:

I went to get beer during sirens. Got caught in a slow line and missed education. Still pissed about it.
    I can understand, but as long as you are in the room it isn't too bad. If you have to get drinks in the corridor that is worse. But still you want to be ready to loose yourself to the music when Education starts. Still if you were in the room, I'd trade with you I was at home. hahaha
    Post edited by karmadefect on

2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    wonderrxwonderrx Southern Indiana Posts: 10
    JDjr said:

Amazing! Mind if I ask what your 10C number is?? Still trying to anticipate the impossible and figure out where I "may" be at MSG!

47xxx, joined in 94 or 95. I had people around me in my ballpark, but I had the lowest number and had people in row 2 with higher numbers than me, but I think all were sub 100k. So it wasn't strictly in order.

- Former owner/operator of one of the early Pearl Jam email listservs in the middle 90s - pearljam@evansville.edu
    - Louisville floor March 24 1994
    - Milwaukee lower pavilion July 9 1995 Night 2
    - Toledo Sept 1996
    - Indianapolis and St. Louis 1998
    - Indianapolis and St. Louis 2000
    - St. Louis front row 2003
    - Indianapolis 2010
    - Lexington April 26 2016
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Did I see Ed toss the mic to someone in front GA for a lyric? Trying to remember what song? Show #19 was a pretty damn good one. Great energy & great set with a few surprises. I thought the sound was pretty good as well for such a cavernous place. I thought my 10C seats would be a bit closer (not complaining at all), but once again I am glad I chose seats over GA. On to the Wrigley doubleheader in Aug. Until then, keep on Jam-ming...

Eddie did toss the mic and I'm pretty sure it was during Even Flow...that being said I was pretty sauced and could be wrong on the tune.
    Definitely Even Flow, but some the side view didn't look like the guy killed it and Ed wanted it back pretty quick.

- Former owner/operator of one of the early Pearl Jam email listservs in the middle 90s - pearljam@evansville.edu
    - Toledo Sept 1996
    - Indianapolis 2010
  • Options
    wonderrx said:

We also were Sec 13 row C, seats 11 and 12 I think.

Wee u next to me? I had that ukulele shirt on, hope dancing didn't bother Lol

Yep that was us, that was my best friend next to you, I was the seat further from the stage. You didn't bother us at all. We had 2 unused seats for most of the show on the isle next to us and people keep sneaking into them until the guy who had the tix showed up half way thru the show, he had some real world problem hold him up he said.

- Toledo Sept 1996
    - Indianapolis 2010
  • Options

drank from "the" bottle last night....anyone have footage of that? and kudos to our ga mates that got some as well including the harmonica at end of smile!

Watch my videos I posted, pretty sure I filmed the wine "distribution". I got the smile harmonica too.

- Toledo Sept 1996
    - Indianapolis 2010
  • Options

The band came out on fire. LB was a surprisingly very cool opener. MYM was the heaviest version I've heard. Band was super tight all night but the first 5-6 songs were blazing.

Encores- Hide Your Love was great. Thumbing is meaningful for me so I loved hearing that for the first town too! And then later....Smile. One of my all time favorites of PJ.

It was a very up/punky night song choice wise, I was surprised to see quite that many Spin/Lukin/MYM/DTE/Sonic type songs in a 3 hour show. I was ready for Blood to come out with the way it was trending. I think Mike did laps around the full stage on two different songs.

Thumbing was super strong last night I thought. Since they brought everyone chairs out I was rooting for a Stone "Fuck the chairs" like Denver 2 in 1995.

- Toledo Sept 1996
    - Indianapolis 2010
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    nmtheo said:

Did anyone notice Ed getting upset about the sound? He came over several times to left of Stone acting quite perturbed!!!
    After just seeing the Columbia show, I must say that the bands energy was so much higher there, but maybe bc he was drinking on a couple bottles of wine! And then he did the whole chugging beer and letting it drool out of his mouth.
    Loved the set list!
    I guess after seeing Hampton...got the shaft on Raleigh...awesome show in Columbia...my expectations were set extremely high!

I was at all three of those shows last week and Lexington wasn't any worse than any of those.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options

Yes....had to walk back behind GA fence then up 50 stairs. Lines at concessions were ridiculous.

The merch line at 130pm was at least 3 hours long.

• Options

Yes....had to walk back behind GA fence then up 50 stairs. Lines at concessions were ridiculous.

The merch line at 130pm was at least 3 hours long.
    Okee that is a different type of venue than the Ziggodome where they played the last view times in Holland. I am use to getting drink in the room itself. And to be honest I try to get someone else to do that. hihihi. I'll take the encore shift to get drinks hahaha.

2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    edited April 2016
    There are so many excellent songs on this setlist! I loved hearing these songs. :)

PS It was new for me to hear a PJ concert from way upstairs but it was still good.
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited May 2016
    First time being in GA on Mike's side 3 rows bavk from the cage and I must say I was surrounded by awesome energetic people...Mike was on fire and I missed out on some Ed wine but ecstatic a ladies (who had a badass walking boot and crutches with hand painted pearl jam items on them) daughter got a pic with Mike against the rail during a solo, I was fortunate to grab a pic ...Mike was in rare form and the band was super revved up and Ed was in an emotional all state
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    10th show for me. Deep was the last song I needed to hear "10" in its entirety so that worked out well. Id put last nights show up against any that I've seen before. If not for Ernie singing "all the way" with Ed at the ball park at midnight I'd prob say it was my favorite show. When Ed came on stage he looked like he had a lil pep in his step, told the wife it might be a rocking night. Loved all the covers, first time hearing education and satans bed also. Only negative in my book was that it had to end. ... Till Wrigley
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    edited April 2016
    SOLAT319 said:

nmtheo said:

Did anyone notice Ed getting upset about the sound? He came over several times to left of Stone acting quite perturbed!!!
    After just seeing the Columbia show, I must say that the bands energy was so much higher there, but maybe bc he was drinking on a couple bottles of wine! And then he did the whole chugging beer and letting it drool out of his mouth.
    Loved the set list!
    I guess after seeing Hampton...got the shaft on Raleigh...awesome show in Columbia...my expectations were set extremely high!

I was at all three of those shows last week and Lexington wasn't any worse than any of those.
    Ed was definitely upset about his monitor mix. He was yelling and motioning to monitor engineer to turn up either Stone or Boom during "Comfortably Numb". Couldnt tell which. ButReally great set. "Thumbing" was amazing! Ed was definitely feeling no pain by the end of the show.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :rock_on::rock_on::rock_on:

I was in GA - couldn't see a damn thing - at 1 point I was just :rock_on: out by myself I looked up haha and the lights were on and Ed was right there haha like 4 bodies away! Damn! I missed him.

LOVED EVERY FUCKING MOMENT!!!

Had a great group of guys and gals around me in the pit. I did get several tall dudes just walk up from behind me and stand right in front of me. No joke my nose was touching the middle of their back. :disappointed:

DID YOU SEE THAT SET!??!??!?

WHOOOOO!

Loved that Jeff came to visit Stone's side! Mike I seen for a hot second. Stone had a beautiful green guitar that he played on his knees right at the edge of the stage :rock_on: !
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    fgdanzifgdanzi Posts: 136
    What can I say, amazing show! Deep, Education, 1/2 Full and Leavin Here along with Hide Your Love Away cover...Insane setlist!!! Thumbing was a definite highlight for me. Crowd was awesome in Sec 29 (especially my friends from NY and Montana). My son and I met some great people early on the merc line. Philip, thanks for the local knowledge and Eric, "we didn't see you there"! Looking forward to both Wrigley shows.
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    That was my first GS Pearl Jam show and I think I'm hooked. It's cool to see all of the "little things" that go on during the show that I never notice sitting in reserved. For example, I think it was during Baba when Ed stepped away from the mic to grab a couple more tambourines and realized he was about to miss the chorus. You could kind of see him having an "oh shit" moment as he dashed up to grab the mic. I also noticed that Ed didn't seem to actually drink the wine he brought on stage. I think he took a swig at the start of the show, but then he either gave the rest away or would spit out after taking a gulp.

My only regret was not planting myself on Mike's side. Not just to have my face melted, but that guy was making it rain pics all night. Just tossing out handfuls. Does he always do that?

About the set list... there's never a bad Pearl Jam set list and there are always surprises ("a PJ set list was like a box of choc-lits"). A lot of my favorites weren't played, but the performances themselves were, as always, outstanding. Especially during the encores. Just the pure energy starting with DTE, then Porch and into encore 2 with Better Man, Alive, Black, Baba, was a total thrill. Watching these guys, especially Mike and Ed, go bonkers for 3 hours on a Tuesday night, it's easy to understand why they don't tour nearly as much as they used to 10 years ago. I still wish it wasn't like that, but I get it.

So glad I got to see Comfortably Numb too. One of my favorite PF tunes and a real masterpiece, I love how Mike treats the solos with such respect. He absolutely nailed them. I still wish they'd cover a Prince tune with a ripping solo for Mike to go to town on. Like Purple Rain or Let's Go Crazy. It'd be weird hearing Ed sing Let's Go Crazy, so maybe do an instrumental version the way Prince did with Even Flow.

Last thing... I was only in town for the day, but without fail, all of the local folks I ran into were very friendly and exceedingly polite. I appreciated the staff at the arena too, trying to keep everything orderly and organized. Like the guy who was managing the line at the merch truck. The organization and planning seemed a lot better than at the relatively few other shows I've been to.

Really glad I made the trip. Thank you Pearl Jam and Lexington!
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    edited April 2016
    Looking for an Lexington poster if anyone has an extra

Please pm me

Thanks
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06