Sturm und Drang

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,627
edited April 2016 in All Encompassing Trip
Just because it sounds cool. Don't it?!
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Great album as well
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

Great album as well

Great, now I'm reminded of my husband with that, and also my dad saying that phrase with an exaggerated accent (his wasn't too heavy except for certain words).

And actually, not a bad thing to be reminded of either :)
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,627
    I was a bit confused by the phrase because when I first hear it I thought it was the name of a heavy metal band or maybe a song title like "Crackle and Drag". :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Great album as well

Yes, or a great album title!

• MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    I did a quick search on the subject. Individual's revolt against society, usually accompanied with emotional extremes and high violence. This period did not last long.
    Storm and stress..........are we sure this movement did not last?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Mal, LIFE is storm and stress.

It leaves a scar...hell, multiple ones.

Then again, there are blue skies, balances, to the shitstorms - and that is what makes life pretty fucking amazing.

That those umbrellas are even there, and that we hopefully can take shelter in them as we see them :)
    Malroth said:

I did a quick search on the subject. Individual's revolt against society, usually accompanied with emotional extremes and high violence. This period did not last long.
    Storm and stress..........are we sure this movement did not last?

Yes, Mal, sounds rather contemporary, doesn't it!