Thank you Pearl Jam(and 10C) for Columbia

I would like to send a sincere thank you to everyone in Pearl Jam and behind the scenes at 10Club. So my wife and I are in line getting ready to go into the CLA and she says "I have to tell you something", so my mind starts racing. Long story short she says that she emailed the 10 Club and that she tried to get a message to Eddie for/about me. I'm thinking that is nice, but I'm pretty sure that Eddie already has quite the list of things he would like to talk about and people he would like to give shout outs/thanks to. I'm pretty much an average guy and she just wanted to let the band know that I retired from the Navy and that we had planned on following PJ around the midwest, but had to only go to Moline because I got a job and couldn't get time off work. I told her that there are people who have done more than me, and are going through more than we are and to not get her hope up, because I sure wasn't. So you can imagine my astonishment after Footsteps when Eddie starts talking about me and my wife Janell. I couldn't even remember what he said(because I was in a total state of shock), but luckily someone posted video of it on YouTube. I couldn't believe he mentioned me and my wife by name and also it appeared he did it from memory, I don't recall him looking at his notebook(but he may have). Needless to say All Those Yesterdays is now our favorite Pearl Jam song. I can't wait to get the bootleg. Columbia was a great show, even without the shout out from Eddie. I met some great people in the merch line from Montana and VA and then we sat and talked to a couple from Albuquerque, New Mexico for so long after the show that security kicked us out. I love the Pearl Jam experience, because that is what it is. It's great to meet people from all over the country/world who you otherwise wouldn't have met. I can't wait for Boston in August, its going to be great. See you guys there.

Comments

• stina1118stina1118 Posts: 152
    Amazing! That's great!
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    Very cool. I remember the story.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    amazing man!!!congrats!!!!now i really understad the feeling..its unreal..unreal................................
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJlivePJlive Posts: 469
    Thank you for your dedication and service to this country.
    9/1-9/2/2000 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    4/28/2003 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    5/3/2003 - Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA
    7/5-7/6/2003 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    7/13/2003 - Hershey Park, Hershey, PA
    10/1/2004 - Sovereign Center, Reading, PA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge, George, WA
    10/03/2005 - Wachovia Center, Phila, PA
    5/27-5/28/2006 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/16/2008 - Columbia, SC
    6/19-6/20/2008 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/24-6/25 - Madison Square Garden