Options

Ed with R.E.M. in Philly

no1fromnowhereno1fromnowhere Posts: 58
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Don't know if this has been reported here yet, but aparantly Ed joined R.E.M. on stage for Begin The Begin in Philadelphia on 6/18. Was anyone there?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Yep. It's been reported. Someone was there.
  • Options
    Bird888Bird888 Posts: 99
    Don't know if this has been reported here yet, but aparantly Ed joined R.E.M. on stage for Begin The Begin in Philadelphia on 6/18. Was anyone there?

Not only was I there when Ed joined REM on stage for Begin the Begin...but I was sitting 2 rows behind Ed and Jeff during the Modest Mouse set...right behind the soundboard.

We were flipping cause it appeared no one recognized them. I could have huged them I was so close, but we left them alone to enjoy the show. I was cool to see Jeff taking pictures of MM with his cell phone...a true fan!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride" ! Unknown

• Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    It was pretty freaking cool. I'm sure there's a boot of the show out there somewhere. It was a great show all around, and having Ed there was a nice surprise.
    However, his appearance was not the "highlight of the show", as I overheard someone say in line for 10c tickets the next night (Thursday) in Camden. REM is a solid band, with an amazing show. It's a bit of an insult to them, IMO, to say one song w/a guest appearance was the highlight.
    Rant over.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    jimbeejimbee Posts: 81
    and there's a beautiful recording of the entire show in a certain torrent for those that are somewhat resourceful... kudos to the taper...very nice job!
    * Friends don't let friends use MP3 *
  • Options
    Bird888Bird888 Posts: 99
    13PJ13 wrote:
    It was pretty freaking cool. I'm sure there's a boot of the show out there somewhere. It was a great show all around, and having Ed there was a nice surprise.
    However, his appearance was not the "highlight of the show", as I overheard someone say in line for 10c tickets the next night (Thursday) in Camden. REM is a solid band, with an amazing show. It's a bit of an insult to them, IMO, to say one song w/a guest appearance was the highlight.
    Rant over.

agree, they are an amazing live band with an incredible body of music to draw from. Michael is a real stage presence...
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride" ! Unknown

• Options
    Bird888 wrote:
    agree, they are an amazing live band with an incredible body of music to draw from. Michael is a real stage presence...

I agree also, I was at the finale of their US tour in Atlanta & it was amazing.
  • Options
    I agree also, I was at the finale of their US tour in Atlanta & it was amazing.

atlanta was phenomenal.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdtkOaMiPcs --- better view, worse sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpUXZTEsnQA ---farther away, but the sound is better

...and regarding R.E.M.'s tour, I saw them in Toronto on June 8 (first R.E.M. show) ---they were awesome
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage