Options

Vinyl Me Please

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    You do.

also, these are $5 cheaper on the Acoustic Sounds website. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    You do.

also, these are $5 cheaper on the Acoustic Sounds website. 
    Danke
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    LB260405LB260405 Posts: 55
    September's "Essentials" offering is Turn on the Bright Lights by Interpol. I'd like to have a quality copy of this album on vinyl. The bass guitar work is stellar, but it gets a bit muddy on digital versions. Can anyone comment on their past experience with Vinyl Me, Please? Have the pressings been cut/mastered well? Or is this just a bourgeois "wow, look at that fancy color/splatter treatment" type of deal?

Also, if anyone knows of an existing pressing of Turn on the Bright Lights on vinyl that has good soundstage/separation, let me know. This may just be a recording issue, but I'm hoping someone has/will come along and make this album shine. Let me know. Thanks.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    edited August 2022
    They do sometimes have exclusive cuts and can have better pressings than currently available pressings. 

Looking at the listing page, https://www.vinylmeplease.com/products/interpol-turn-on-the-bright-lights

it seems Barry Grint cut these, so that’s promising. And it looks like the packaging will be nice. Pressed at GZ, so that could be hit or miss. 

I’m guessing these will be a around for a bit so you may be able to read some reviews before committing. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    A whole shitload of Analogue Productions titles to preorder: https://www.vinylmeplease.com/collections/analogue-productions
    Take Five is on there...  Been wanting a clean version.
    look at discogs....
    I’ve heard that the Analogue Productions Pet Sounds is sublime, but do I really need another version of Pet Sounds? I think I might. 

The others I already have are less tempting because I don’t read as much about them being the version of all versions. 
    It’s the best version I’ve heard. 45 stereo 
    can’t comment on the 33 or mono 

I assume they are similarly great 
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited August 2022
    Ryan smith was talking about VMP on the acoustic sounds livestream yesterday. With BG 

Seemed to speak highly of them.  Did distinguish that AAA means all analog but doesn’t mean it’s not a copy of the master. Which I assume should be fairly clear. They went in to a lot about multiple topics.

kind of danced around the question of a standardisation of terms to remove confusion 

loudness wars, mofi etc also discussed 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    garland09garland09 Posts: 830
    Anybody have Boogaloo Joe Jones No Way album they wanna get rid of?  Send ,e a pm if so
  • Options
    LB260405LB260405 Posts: 55
    Thanks, Tim and Cropduster. The input is much appreciated. I played Turn on the Bright Lights and Antics today. This band is super talented. I really hope the album gets a quality pressing.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I have the Newbury Comics version of this, and it sounds great to my ears, so I swapped this month.
    I SAW PEARL JAM