Gremmie.net

OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
Anybody know what is going on with this site? Down for maintenance? Done for good? Anyone? Thanks for any input!
"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman

Comments

• KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    Nope. Its been quiet for a while.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Thank you.
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,743
    edited April 2016
    They posted something a while back saying they won't be updating any new music, sad
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
    edited April 2016

They posted something a while back saying they won't be updating any new music, sad

I dunno, they had some rarities there, but the quality was atrocious. I think they downsampled to save server space
  • Everyone's a critic ;-) We never down sample to save space; some live copies only have "atrocious" versions available.

We will continue to add music as appropriate (added some Glen Hansard a few months ago), however with less frequency as other priorities in life have reared their head.

Do you miss us?
    edited April 2016

Everyone's a critic ;-) We never down sample to save space; some live copies only have "atrocious" versions available.

We will continue to add music as appropriate (added some Glen Hansard a few months ago), however with less frequency as other priorities in life have reared their head.

Do you miss us?

LOL fair enough. Since you're listening, stop referring to your website's visitors as gremmies. :)

why is site down?
    Post edited by KV4053 on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    KV4053 said:

I dunno, they had some rarities there, but the quality was atrocious. I think they downsampled to save server space
    I thought it was great. I found stuff there that was not available anywhere else. And the quality was just fine (with the stuff I downloaded). Regular mp3 quality.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • When you develop a killer Pearl Jam fansite I recommend calling your fans whatever you like ;-)

The site is down due to some technical issues - stay tuned and thanks for the heads up.

When you develop a killer Pearl Jam fansite I recommend calling your fans whatever you like ;-)

The site is down due to some technical issues - stay tuned and thanks for the heads up.

OK. I'll start thinking of names now
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

When you develop a killer Pearl Jam fansite I recommend calling your fans whatever you like ;-)

Sweet, thanks!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Gremmie has a Five Horizons history to me. All good & Gremmie, you can call me Al.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 503
    Gremmie is alive! Its a miracle! Yes! Love you Gremmie!!
  • Fellers,

We may need help in getting the site back up - is anyone here an expert in both Wordpress and PHP? If you are and are willing to help out, please email me (m@gremmie.net)
  • Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 502
    Im a gremmie fan and have sent many (5) knew fans to the site.

Thx and keep truckin.
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Don't know what wordpress or php are.?.?!? Hopefully somebody here does.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031

Fellers,

We may need help in getting the site back up - is anyone here an expert in both Wordpress and PHP? If you are and are willing to help out, please email me (m@gremmie.net)

Wish I could help but I know nothing. I can say I have enjoyed your site and appreciate all the work you have put into it.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    OGT92 said:

Don't know what wordpress or php are.?.?!? Hopefully somebody here does.

Php is what the old forum used...WordPress is a web/blog hosting platform. I know what they are, technically, I know nothing...probably could look up info on the web.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I miss gremmie.net
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    :/
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,588
    edited May 2023
    This site was amazing. I found it critical for hearing some true rarities. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited May 2023
    I miss gremmie.net

Are there any fansites still active? Of course, FB is partially to blame there.

Gremmie.net
    GivenToWail (more of a Mike site)
    Lukin.com (came back with one or two updates)
    Pearl-Jam.com (had an awesome .gif of Eddie's face spinning as if it was in a washing machine.)
    TwoFeetThick.com
    FiveHorizons.com

Aha! There's at least one!
    https://pearljamconcertchronology.com/

Was Gremmie.net the one with "the basement" that had the trove of songs and they compared it to the back section of a record store?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,588
    I miss gremmie.net

Was Gremmie.net the one with "the basement" that had the trove of songs and they compared it to the back section of a record store?
    That’s the one!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    yosi said:
    I miss gremmie.net

That’s the one!

I first became aware of Pearl Jam in the early-mid 90s via Alive and Immorality being played on the radio.

My next step was in late summer 99 when Elderly Woman (LO2L version) was played on the radio.

I was debating 10C membership in 2001/2002 and finally took the plunge in January 2003. My first show was in June 2003.

I can't believe it's been 20 years.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    I miss gremmie.net

Are there any fansites still active? Of course, FB is partially to blame there.

Gremmie.net
    GivenToWail (more of a Mike site)
    Lukin.com (came back with one or two updates)
    Pearl-Jam.com (had an awesome .gif of Eddie's face spinning as if it was in a washing machine.)
    TwoFeetThick.com
    FiveHorizons.com

Aha! There's at least one!
    https://pearljamconcertchronology.com/

Don't forget https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/ :D 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 270
    Everyone's a critic ;-) We never down sample to save space; some live copies only have "atrocious" versions available. We will continue to add music as appropriate (added some Glen Hansard a few months ago), however with less frequency as other priorities in life have reared their head. Do you miss us?

Yes, I miss you very much. Still wear my t-shirt from back in the day. He's much older now and wears it too. It fits him now.