Give NC Merch to 10C ticket holders

Would be cool if for every ticket refunded, a poster, sticker, shirt was sent.

Comments

• Not a bad idea. Especially after I just realized this morning that the lady in Hampton gave me a M instead of an XL for one of my shirts.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    to be honest, I wouldn't want the stuff. Looking at them would give me negative feelings.
  • Not a bad idea. Especially after I just realized this morning that the lady in Hampton gave me a M instead of an XL for one of my shirts.

This situation makes me feel good I'm a AAA personality- always quad checking every stupid move I make.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Think it might be better if they gave the fans that lost out first crack at 10c tickets for the next NC show
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    MayDay10 said:

to be honest, I wouldn't want the stuff. Looking at them would give me negative feelings.

Yeah, I wouldn't want merch for a show that never happened.
  • Why would anyone want Merch from a show that never happened?

Kind of like the MJ 02 Arena Merch.
    Worthless and devoid of all sentimental attachment.
  • BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Dumb
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    The only reason i can think of that someone would want this stuff is for a 'rare ebay flippability' factor.
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460
    Sarava said:

The only reason i can think of that someone would want this stuff is for a 'rare ebay flippability' factor.

This. ^^^^^

I don't see how it's related. Inconvenience of cancelled show = free merch?

I also don't get how in society when people are inconvenienced they feel they should be compensated. Maybe it's the job I have, so I deal with it all the time, but a business refunded the money you spent with them, why do you need more?

Some will say, "but I didn't get my flights covered or hotel etc..." while that sucks, and trust me I didn't like the timing of the announcement either, that's a relationship with another business or businesses that PJ/10c aren't responsible for.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    This merch should go the way of Super Bowl loser merch. Third world countries will be rich with NC merch to a gig that wasn't.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    The best way to rectify is if/when they reschedule everyone who had s tickets gets them. If there are some left, lotto.
    Maybe give original ticket holders a price break
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,411
    Provide a discount to merch for people who had reserved or ga for Raleigh at the Columbia or future show they are attending.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• musicsam3musicsam3 Posts: 233

Dumb

Maybe, but what else are they gonna do with it.
    All the stuff has been made...
    Im not saying as compensation, are they gonna throw it all away?
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765

Think it might be better if they gave the fans that lost out first crack at 10c tickets for the next NC show

Yes
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • DR295987DR295987 Posts: 31
    ComeToTX said:

Yes
    and pay for the travel of out of staters?
  • The more I think about this I'm pretty sure they've known for weeks that they weren't playing and probably didn't even get posters, shirts, buttons, etc. made for the show. I fell victim to being optimistic when it had gotten as close as it did, but the fact is that they had to copy Bruce every step of the way including the last minute notice.

But if they did make shirts, maybe some kids who grew up in Ethiopia thinking the Bills won 4 straight Super Bowls will now get to sport some PJ threads.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898
    musicsam3 said:

Would be cooler if they used that merch to raise money for the cause they are supporting.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898

The more I think about this I'm pretty sure they've known for weeks that they weren't playing and probably didn't even get posters, shirts, buttons, etc. made for the show. I fell victim to being optimistic when it had gotten as close as it did, but the fact is that they had to copy Bruce every step of the way including the last minute notice.

But if they did make shirts, maybe some kids who grew up in Ethiopia thinking the Bills won 4 straight Super Bowls will now get to sport some PJ threads.

I read the Mike was giving Raleigh stickers to people... not sure if that's true, but if it is it means they did make the merch.
    I don't think they made the decision earlier. Eddie said that wasn't the case.... do you have reason to think he was lying?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 801
    PJ_Soul said:

musicsam3 said:

Would be cooler if they used that merch to raise money for the cause they are supporting.
    Even cooler if they played a show in the area to raise money for the cause.
  • PJ_Soul said:

The more I think about this I'm pretty sure they've known for weeks that they weren't playing and probably didn't even get posters, shirts, buttons, etc. made for the show. I fell victim to being optimistic when it had gotten as close as it did, but the fact is that they had to copy Bruce every step of the way including the last minute notice.

I read the Mike was giving Raleigh stickers to people... not sure if that's true, but if it is it means they did make the merch.
    I don't think they made the decision earlier. Eddie said that wasn't the case.... do you have reason to think he was lying?
    I believe 1000% that the minute Bruce canceled they ultimately knew they would also cancel. There was no chance of a repeal in that short of time so it's not like they were waiting on something to potentially happen.
  • I like the guy on Facebook who thinks he's going to get Pearl Jam to reimburse him and others for the money they lost on hotels and plane tickets. I guess he didn't notice "dates are subject to change" on pretty much every single tour announcement/ticket offer of the past however many years.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks people lost money, but that is ALWAYS a risk and one that makes me hesitate to book anything that says non-refundable on it for any shows I travel to.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!