Options

ticketmaster battle vs. bathroom law

dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
on both of these issues they took a stand. to fight for what they believed in. both of these issues were because they felt/feel a bunch of people were being left out, unfairly treated, discriminated against, etc... one because of the monopoly of ticketmaster and unfair prices for the fans of their MUSIC (Why we are all here btw). the other is unfair treatment of people of sexual orientation or lifestyle or whatever.... sooo what happened? ticketmaster they faced head on. a big fuck you. were gonna do it on our on! our own tour, our own tickets, for the good of the music we take a stand!!! now, they have a much bigger platform. much bigger venues to voice their opinion to the masses. to stand out through powerful voices and what brings us together, music. but this time they decide to "Take their ball and go home" waaaa. and in the process they screwed over more people then this law even effects in a state like NC. you think everybody at these shows lives, breathes, and dies by the words of eddie? i dont. i love pearl jam for the one reason i can say that on this page. the music... so my question is this.. what happened? also.. people seem to be doing a hell of alot of assuming of what they think is best for these people... what does the LGBT community ACTUALLY think? cause besides bruce and eddie, i havent heard much from them... take a page from the people like buffett who dont agree with the law, but still played a show in NC to their FANS OF THE MUSIC because without them, without us, the 10c, people buying all the merch and spending hundreds on tickets, its just a group of guys with a hobbie...
2012 - MIA (Philly)
2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
2015 - NYC (global citizen)
2016 - Philly 1&2
2022 - Camden

Comments

• Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    lol wow not one reply
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    I didn't support the fight with Ticketmaster but I do support them on NC
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    edited April 2016
    You're missing the point. This has nothing to do with people's feeling about the band, or whether or not they live and die by what Ed says. The band as a whole felt strongly about an issue and they took a stand. Obviously, like it's been stated 1000 times already, there was other options for them to take, but they chose to cancel the show. The point of taking a stand is bring attention to and create a dialog about the issue at hand, which they have done successfully. Canceling the show generates outrage, outrage leads to action, action spurs change.

If you're unhappy with the actions af your lawmakers don't reelect them. If you're unhappy with the actions of PJ stop buying every silly chachki they endlessly sell. There's no need to create another thread complaining about the same thing. Move on.
    Post edited by RS151862 on
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    FE55353FE55353 Greenville, SC Posts: 63
    Funny how most of the posts I see don't care about the trivial fans. I am so pissed with this arrogance by the band that I am asking for a refund for Wrigley. Not going to Columbia would only mean I donated money, since there would be no refund coming.

Eddie should stick to writing music, unless it sounds like Lightning Bolt, surfing, smoking pot and drinking red wine. There is no guts in cancelling a show with 2 days notice. But when you are a liberal you would rather offend or oppress a mass of people to defend the rights of a few.

I will think very hard before supporting this band with the same passion I have in the past.
    "If you are listening to this bootleg in Alaska, open the front door." Eddie Vedder 10/8/00

Alpine Valley: 6/26/98, 10/8/00, 6/21/03, 9/3/11 Target Center: 6/30/98
    Summerfest: 6/30/06 Music Midtown: 9/22/12 Wrigley Field: 7/19 & 7/20/13, 8/20/16
    Charlotte: 10/30/13
    Greenville: 4/16/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Wrigley Field: 8/20/2016