Comfort Suites Arena Raleigh - Refund

I was lucky enough to get a full refund on my hotel for tomorrow night at the Comfort Suites Arena hotel. I booked through Hotels.com and had to call them. They called the hotel on my behalf and was able to get me a full refund even though my room was listed as "non-refundable". Hope this helps! At least the wound isn't as deep as it was a few hours ago... but its still deep!

Comments

• I was able to cancel mine also. Did soften the blow a tad
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    great news.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,130
    That's awesome. Hotels.com is a great company to do business with.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • CapnBobCapnBob Posts: 369
    this is great and i think it also speaks volumes to the people and establishments in NC that dont agree with the law and are doing their part to help others
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    i feel really bad for the small business owners that will suffer for this even if they don't support it.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    I did the same. They said the non-refundable room would be refunded, but it'll take a few days. We'll see next week.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited April 2016
    ComeToTX said:

i feel really bad for the small business owners that will suffer for this even if they don't support it.

Average Joe is the only person that usually suffers from boycotts/sanctions
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    Yep. I own a small business. I can't imagine losing my livelihood over something I don't agree with.

I'll be in Raleigh tomorrow supporting local bars.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • I was lucky enough to get a full refund on my hotel for tomorrow night at the Comfort Suites Arena hotel. I booked through Hotels.com and had to call them. They called the hotel on my behalf and was able to get me a full refund even though my room was listed as "non-refundable". Hope this helps! At least the wound isn't as deep as it was a few hours ago... but its still deep!

I suggested this yesterday while people were blowing their stacks about being out money.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898
    my2hands said:

ComeToTX said:

Until they gain civil rights. "Suffering brings triumph."
    And don't forget the politicians. They suffer their greatest fear: loss of votes.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,095
    my2hands said:

ComeToTX said:

Yup. Sanctions don't hit the intended targets until the average Joes have nothing else to lose, and by that time, the intended targets conform, lifting the sanctions, and the only devistation left in the wake is that of the common folk.
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
    2022 - Louisville
    2024 - Noblesville