COLUMBIA PARKING

Anybody from the area can tell me what the parking situation is around the arena? Plan on getting there early for the merch line.

Comments

• cjanushcjanush Posts: 3
    Plenty of lots and garages close by. Arena is downtown and borders U. of SC.
  • Was wondering about this also, thanks for the info
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    Just be aware that there is a lot of construction going on around the area. For instance, I was driving through the area yesterday at lunch and Greene St right beside the venue was closed.
  • Yep, the CLA parking lot is closed. Use the parking garage.

Yep, the CLA parking lot is closed. Use the parking garage.

The parking lot wasn't closed, just Greene St. The lots were accessible via Gadsden and Devine. That said, I would rather use one of the garages if I didn't already have a better parking option.
  • Yep, the CLA parking lot is closed. Use the parking garage.

The parking lot wasn't closed, just Greene St. The lots were accessible via Gadsden and Devine. That said, I would rather use one of the garages if I didn't already have a better parking option.
    Ahh...I couldn't get past the construction on Greene. That area has blown up, student housing everywhere.

On a side note, were you in the movie "Nailed" as a reporter? Or was that a different MarkyMark?

Yep, the CLA parking lot is closed. Use the parking garage.

Ahh...I couldn't get past the construction on Greene. That area has blown up, student housing everywhere.

On a side note, were you in the movie "Nailed" as a reporter? Or was that a different MarkyMark?

Yeah, if I didn't work down there, I wouldn't recognize the area anymore. Heck, my freshman year at USC I lived in the Honeycombs, which are no longer there.

And no clue what you're talking about with that movie :lol: Must be someone else (or I'm just dense and you're making a Wahlberg reference).
  • That was a shot in the dark on the movie question. There were a lot of locals as acting 'extras'...including a MarkyMark. http://www.thestate.com/entertainment/celebrities/article13933625.html

That was a shot in the dark on the movie question. There were a lot of locals as acting 'extras'...including a MarkyMark. http://www.thestate.com/entertainment/celebrities/article13933625.html

Gotcha. Nope, wasn't me.