Using an extreme analogy here...

Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,592
Let's say the governor and the lawmakers brought about a law that reinstated segregation. Then pearl jam cancels.

Would you be upset at the gov and the lawmakers, or pearl jam?

Turn this anger into
Nuclear fission

Comments

• Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,551
    If I had a flight booked. Yes.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,592
    I didnt ask if you would be upset.

I asked if you would be upset at the governor, or pearl jam?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,551
    I was joking. I'd clearly care less about any rock show by anyone.

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,130
    If there was a law on the books for weeks that reinstated segregation I wouldn't expect Pearl Jam to wait until 48 hours before the show to cancel.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • patkelly12patkelly12 Posts: 361
    Pooping in women's room/Segregation. Same thing. Tomato, tomatoe.
    edited April 2016
    JimmyV, when i heard that this law was enacted, i knew pj was going to cancel. My hope was that lawmakers changed their minds. And they almost did. Seems like PJ was hoping for the best, and hoping they would change their minds.

I agree, this stings. But it rings of shallowness to be that upset about vacation when these types of laws are becoming commonplace.

Post edited by Vedd Hedd on
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission

Pooping in women's room/Segregation. Same thing. Tomato, tomatoe.

I am sensing sarcasm. But if thats the case, im guessing you dont really realize the breadth of this law.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,130
    I thought they were going to cancel, too. Then all this time went by, some bands cancelled while others didn't, some excellent arguments for not cancelling were made, and we heard nothing from Pearl Jam. So I figured they would play but make some other statement regarding the bill. Condemn it from the stage, donate the proceeds, etc.

And then 48 hours before show time they cancelled. I'm surprised only that if this was what they were going to do that they took this long to do it.

Feels like a misstep to me.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV, i think you have a legit point when it comes to timing of the announcement.

That said...the level of vitriol for the actual reason they cancelled is what i am sort of worried about.

Many of the posts have been really spewing more hatred in the wrong direction.

Pj is a politically charged and conscious band. The anger should be directed at the people who proposed, backed, and put jnto to place these laws.

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,811
    Vedd Hedd said:

That said...the level of vitriol for the actual reason they cancelled is what i am sort of worried about.

Many of the posts have been really spewing more hatred in the wrong direction.

Did you really expect better with all the entitlement that a portion of the fanbase has shown in the past?
    I didnt expect better with a portion of society that has this sense of entitlement. Its not unique to the fanbase.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    One guy I have on Facebook had a pretty insane meltdown just now. The kind where if I were an employer and came across that on a Google search, I'd have to think twice.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG