If I were new here...

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,743
... I would assume many, maybe even a majority of Pearl Jam fans are angry, spiteful, hateful people. Not only are many of you spewing venom toward the band you supposedly love, but toward each other as well. Just in the last 10 minutes of so I've seen, "Fuck you", "moron" and "dip shit". Is this what we're about? Not cool, people.
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Or someone who can't wait to troll several hundred very disappointed fans throughout multiple threads.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    It's completely understandable to be upset about losing money, however people need to stop thinking of themselves as the victims here.

The real victims have it far worse.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,688
    brianlux said:

... I would assume many, maybe even a majority of Pearl Jam fans are angry, spiteful, hateful people. Not only are many of you spewing venom toward the band you supposedly love, but toward each other as well. Just in the last 10 minutes of so I've seen, "Fuck you", "moron" and "dip shit". Is this what we're about? Not cool, people.

Brian you should know by now that this is no place for reasonable, intelligent, or mature statements.

I
    B
    T
    L
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152

brianlux said:

Brian you should know by now that this is no place for reasonable, intelligent, or mature statements.

I
    B
    T
    L
    There are a few out of line. There are plenty expressing their opinions in a reasoned and respective manner. Such is life.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,743

brianlux said:

I
    B
    T
    L
    haha! It's just so strange to see all this anger here. It's like the Train just unhooked one of it cars and latched it on the The Porch, LOL!

And now I think I've been accused of trolling! That's a first. Jesus, Joseph and Mary. What next??
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• MayDay10 said:

Or someone who can't wait to troll several hundred very disappointed fans throughout multiple threads.

Lux is hardly a troll man. Do your homework.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,130

brianlux said:

I
    B
    T
    L
    There are a few out of line. There are plenty expressing their opinions in a reasoned and respective manner. Such is life.
    Agreed. Some people are posting in anger and that anger is coming through. Most will calm down and the posts will cool off.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • BCBABCBA Posts: 220

MayDay10 said:

To be fair, I saw him repeat those same thoughts a number of times in multiple threads. Nobody bit so he started this thread.

What is this thread's purpose.... and the other one titled "me me me"? If it's not looking for responses by being passive aggressive, I don't know what is.

It's not just him. I see a number of people here and in the Facebook groups doing the same thing.

I don't have tickets to Raleigh but certainly emphasize with people who do. I would expect all the disappointment, outrage, melodrama, etc. It's what happens here. Just let it happen for some hours and not try to poke people with a stick
    BCBA said:

MayDay10 said:

To be fair, I saw him repeat those same thoughts a number of times in multiple threads. Nobody bit so he started this thread.

What is this thread's purpose.... and the other one titled "me me me"? If it's not looking for responses by being passive aggressive, I don't know what is.

It's not just him. I see a number of people here and in the Facebook groups doing the same thing.

I don't have tickets to Raleigh but certainly emphasize with people who do. I would expect all the disappointment, outrage, melodrama, etc. It's what happens here. Just let it happen for some hours and not try to poke people with a stick
    You are misrepresenting my comments. On a number of occasions I have pointed out that yes, it is a bummer for some of the fans to have lost money or been inconvenienced (intersting that you would fail to notice that). My intention is not and never has been to "troll". I've always been forthright in my comments and speak my mind both thoughtfully, honestly and clearly. Well, OK, maybe a few of my 1:30 AM post have not been the most clear, haha! Ah, and that too, I like to laugh. And I like people. I imagine if you and I met we would have some good things to talk about and share and you would see that I am anything but troll like.

So no, I am not trying to be provocative. My point here is that I am surprised to see so much anger and hatred from the fans toward thew band and toward each other.

Having said all that, I hope you understand my motives and will please refrain from bashing me further. Thank you,

edited April 2016
    16k posts here and you are truthfully surprised at the response? You must have been here on f5 days and lottery days, no? It's a shit show. I would imagine the disappointment of getting the rug pulled out like this 2 days before the show is tenfold. It's not surprising to me at all and I spend a fraction of the time here.

It's crazy. Will be crazy through tomorrow on a few threads that can be avoided, then it will settle. It can be avoided.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    I would be upset if I were traveling to see the show, but my wife and I had a lengthy conversation at the dinner table tonight about it, so there's that.
    BCBA said:

16k posts here and you are truthfully surprised at the response? You must have been here on f5 days and lottery days, no? It's a shit show. I would imagine the disappointment of getting the rug pulled out like this 2 days before the show is tenfold. It's not surprising to me at all and I spend a fraction of the time here.

It's crazy. Will be crazy through tomorrow on a few threads that can be avoided, then it will settle. It can be avoided.

Again, I said I understand the disappointment. You continue to ignore that I've said that.

No, sadly I'm not surprised. But I am disappointed. This band represents an intelligent and respectful approach to music and life. When it's fan's tell each other "fuck you" or "moron" or "dip shit", yes, I'm disappointed. When I am accused of trolling, yes, I'm perplexed. You and I, to my recollection, have not previously interacted and yet you make derogatory and disparaging comments about my character. I find that both perplexing and disappointing. But fine, I'm thick skinned enough. No problem. In fact, thanks for making my point. Have the last word if need be. I don't see any reason for us to carry this any further and I have no interest in arguing with you. Thanks.

Ok. I apologize if it seems derogatory and disparaging. It's just the words you type seem very passive aggressive.
    Maybe I'm just misreading/misinterpreting.
    BCBA said:

Ok. I apologize if it seems derogatory and disparaging. It's just the words you type seem very passive aggressive.
    Maybe I'm just misreading/misinterpreting.

Thank you BCBA. I have no interest in passive aggressive behavior and if it came across that way, then it is I who should apologize. Thanks for clearing the air.

Peace all. Time to go chill and spin some tunes.

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited April 2016
    oy fu#$ing vey this thread is gives one a headache to read.
    BCBA - things are cool, for gods sake stick to topic and don't make it about a member or you will be in hot water very fast

OP - name calling is not cool i agree. People are pissed but no need to name call.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    It was just a handful of people doing that. Again, let people vent, hopefully without the childishness.

Shit, it took 14 or 15 pages in the clusterfuck thread till Sea said something. The fuming is legitimate to me, and it'll pass.

Steam released.

(The thread police, they live inside of my head =) )
This discussion has been closed.