ED must have been out voted by the band to cancel Raleigh...

pierj53pierj53 Posts: 301
I have tickets and it sucks, but check out Ed's statement below...completely contradictory to cancelling the show.

Given To Fly
(Ed sees a sign requesting ‘Inside Job’ to remember the Virginia Tech shooting. Ed says they haven’t practiced that song but the next song might apply as well. He expresses disbelief that shootings keep happening and people are still fighting to keep guns so readily available. He wishes that people could move on from small matters like what bathroom a person should use and start taking care of each other. “Life is short and the earth is fragile, this we know..” He essentially pleas for love and respect for all people and for everyone to focus on bigger issues and help and take care of each other)

Comments

• pierj53pierj53 Posts: 301
    The worst part: our hotel is non-refundable, so guess what my gf and I are still heading to Raleigh, only now I'll prob use the 160 from the ticket refund on a nice dinner.
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    edited April 2016
    i'm sure it was a unanimous decision.
    Post edited by choop on
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • joseph33joseph33 Posts: 1,247
    Being that the band has any voice in personal political matters? Remember that one drummer they use to have that didnt see eye to eye? Follow the meal ticket!
  • pierj53pierj53 Posts: 301
    choop said:

i'm sure it was a unanimous decision.

Idk..eds quote listed above from the Greenville, SC set list says otherwise.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,592
    I think you misinterpreted what ed was saying. Ed is saying that governrors should not be spending their time on laws like this. Not that "people need to deal with it".
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    Somebody on twitter said they were still debating as of last night. This couldn't be a decision they took lightly. I have to assume they all supported it.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Vedd Hedd said:

I think you misinterpreted what ed was saying. Ed is saying that governrors should not be spending their time on laws like this. Not that "people need to deal with it".

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845

Somebody on twitter said they were still debating as of last night. This couldn't be a decision they took lightly. I have to assume they all supported it.

Well, then they took too long and should have played. They needed to make a decision sooner and in my view lost their right to change their plans by their indecision.